Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

No, it'll be a classic alright.

A youngtimer classic, think 25yrs is min age a car can be classed as a classic, except it's ultra rare car

• Registered Users Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Neilw wrote: »
    Nice car, not really a classic is it though?
    +1
    Seeing as it's newer than my '99 daily driver I would not dream of referring to anything with a reg beginning with a "0" as a classic.
    30 years for classic tax. Some cars can be classics at 20 (talking the likes of an e34/39/jag here)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

liam7831 wrote: »
    A youngtimer classic, think 25yrs is min age a car can be classed as a classic, except it's ultra rare car

20 years old according to insurance companies.
    I understand where you're coming from though, it's a bit of a grey area.

I'm in the middle of getting my 97 Prelude back into fighting shape. I have a feeling that I'm gonna struggle to get a classic policy on it. Even though I have two full policies out already.

Do you think mine is a classic?!

https://i.imgur.com/RiAGq1b.jpg

I'm in the middle of getting my 97 Prelude back into fighting shape. I have a feeling that I'm gonna struggle to get a classic policy on it. Even though I have two full policies out already.

Lovely car nearly bought a Motegi once

Lovely car nearly bought a Motegi once

I've never seen a Motegi in the flesh, that would definitely be an appreciating classic today if you'd bought it.
    I'd like to find a kit for my one someday.

What have you got yourself these days?

• Advertisement

I've never seen a Motegi in the flesh, that would definitely be an appreciating classic today if you'd bought it.
    I'd like to find a kit for my one someday.

What have you got yourself these days?

Three Celicas, 2 x ST205 one UK one Jap & Uk ST185

Three Celicas, 2 x ST205 one UK one Jap & Uk ST185

A man after my own heart. I love Celicas, I had a gen 5 GTR and gen 7 190 a few years back.

I'd give anything to own a gen 5 GT4 someday. They're getting close to vintage tax soon too, prices are going through the roof.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Got the 924 fully detailed, it looks absolutely brilliant. Now to do some finishing touches myself (take off wiper arms and spray them, new stickers)

aqRyGqN.jpg

Looks mint, who detailed it for you ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I am looking forward to seeing that out and about!

Any more pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

29die6u.jpg

a164p0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's a beauty. In lovely condition. But yeah insurance will likely be painful. :(:mad: Though 'Ludes are usually less penalised.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    That's a beauty. In lovely condition. But yeah insurance will likely be painful. :(:mad: Though 'Ludes are usually less penalised.
    The insurance I can live with, it's the horrible tax band that it's in is the killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭w124man

20eae79b110674337c08687e863910b7ef2f2ec6.jpg

Spent half an hour in the VRT centre this morning, paid up and got a silly registration number. Interesting chat with the nice lady about the paperwork needed. All legal now!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

Beautiful car W124 Man! Well Wear!

I have a hankering for a W124 estate myself. What engine did you go for?
    Did you buy from a UK dealer?

Sorry for all the questions but I just love all things W124! :-)

Tell us more about this chat ?

Car looks flippin mint by the way, happy motoring.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

w124man wrote: »
    20eae79b110674337c08687e863910b7ef2f2ec6.jpg

Spent half an hour in the VRT centre this morning, paid up and got a silly registration number. Interesting chat with the nice lady about the paperwork needed. All legal now!

Really lovely. Best of luck with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That is a beautiful example. Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There was a red '87 230TE W124 going through the NCT when I was putting the W201 through. Was also in superb cosmetic condition. Cool buses, wel wear!

Thanks for the comments. She is a 1988 250TD with 2 previous owners, the first from 1988 to 2016. the second owner owned it from mid 2016 and put it up for sale 9 months ago and no one came to see it because it has a manual gearbox. Original spare wheel and unopened tool roll. The first owner bought a set of MB alloys when the car was two years old

461a6c2c6071626c000ce40deff9d62efba59bf3.jpg
    3ad4d975cbcea56ae578755e87cb040345899720.jpg
    IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3291.jpg
    MB250_TD_12_preview.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Lovely...

I used to have one of these (a little more tired example, but working well) and one of a few reasons I bought it was because of the manual gearbox. What a great machine... I think I spotted your new car for sale some time ago and was trying to find as many reasons as possible not to buy it :).

Good Luck with it.

Here is my old workhorse (not many cars are capable of transporting a whole kitchen from Ikea)...

4411675600_608b2bbbee_z.jpg?zz=1

4601421843_a3d4dd4469_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That Mercedes Gerry can is brilliant.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    It's a lovely touch I think. I never had any interest in Mercs up until recently. Would love something like that W124 estate now

I have a few of those 'Reservkanister' fuel cans. I bought a job lot on E Bay some time ago. Getting the fittings for them is like finding hens teeth!

I also have a few S124's as well! This one is quite rare in that it was the only 4matic 4x4 ever ordered new in Ireland. It was exported on ZZ plates to the UK and lived there for three years, then came back and lived up the Wicklow mountains with its celebrity owners. Its got some odd extras which back in 1992 were extravagant. Things like automatic air conditioning, electric memory, heated seats and cruise control.

IMG_2917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I have a few of those 'Reservkanister' fuel cans. I bought a job lot on E Bay some time ago. Getting the fittings for them is like finding hens teeth!

I also have a few S124's as well! This one is quite rare in that it was the only 4matic 4x4 ever ordered new in Ireland. It was exported on ZZ plates to the UK and lived there for three years, then came back and lived up the Wicklow mountains with its celebrity owners. Its got some odd extras which back in 1992 were extravagant. Things like automatic air conditioning, electric memory, heated seats and cruise control.

IMG_2917.jpg

Mr Lewis?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Mr Lewis?

Nope! Mr Evans ....

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭_ptashek_

I got myself this one a few months back as an alternative to a camper van.

After being used as a daily driver for 11 years by PO, going from 43k to 198k miles in that time, it'll now be used mostly as a "summer holiday coach". Plenty of good maintenance over the years, with full records. Needs some body work, as they all do at this age.

1993 280TE, 198k miles, M104 HFM, five-speed auto.
    Usual refinements for an S124: all-electric windows/sunroof/mirrors, hydro struts in the back, automatic climate control (fully working, too!).

280te.jpg?dl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Must... resist... urge.. to take money from credit union and buy a 124 estate...

Lovely cars fellas..

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Must... resist... urge.. to take money from credit union and buy a 124 estate...

Lovely cars fellas..

Everyone should have an S124 ..... I mean look at this for a dash

IMG_3052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

That is some collection of buttons :). I though my old one had a good few options, but this one is... well... busy :).

5054503307_5d98fd900a_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭_ptashek_

Everyone should have an S124 ..... I mean look at this for a dash

4matic with ASR and highway horns, nice one!

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »
    That is some collection of buttons :). I though my old one had a good few options, but this one is... well... busy :).

Aircon, cruise and heated seats ......

_ptashek_ wrote: »
    4matic with ASR and highway horns, nice one!

You missed the automatic air conditioning .....

Advertisement