Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

PanhardPL wrote: »
    xcvdjk.jpg HZC 650

beautiful and great to see an early Irish one, i remember an original Irish 1960 mini ripe for restoration in Bray on the meath road, they had a few Opels as well, i inquired about the mini while in my teens but someone had already purchased it, a few weeks later all the old cars were gone.

Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

jay28 wrote: »
    260z026.jpg
    QUOTE]

my favourite pic, absolutely fantastic looking car, a friend from TCOC had one back in the late 80's with triple webers, it drank petrol.

Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

mine has triple dellortos, head work and stage 4 cam and I can actualy see the petrol guage drop when I put the boot down, its worth it tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

Wow Jay28, that is really gorgeous. I covet it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Jay, that's my new desktop pic!

• Advertisement

cool!, must set it as mine now too :D........that pic actually turned out well.

I know of 3 in Ireland, but im sure there are a few more around the place, its very hard to find a rust free version, I was searching a long time for mine...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Dusty1609

My latest acquisition. Been in storage for a long time and needs some work to get it running.

8256zi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Nice motor Dusty,reg would make it an early73 one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

stored in the Batcave presumably...what a find...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I recognise that BMW Dusty.......old Dublin reg.......lovely. Any history with it, stories of its former owners ??

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

DarenO wrote: »
    jay28 wrote: »
    260z026.jpg
    QUOTE]

my favourite pic, absolutely fantastic looking car, a friend from TCOC had one back in the late 80's with triple webers, it drank petrol.

Darren

Excuse my ignoranse but what make of car is that ? Its georgous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ Datsun 260Z

thanks for the comments,

Yes its a 1974 Datsun 260z 2+2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

And its gorgeous - The nicest car I have seen in a while,real class ;)

MercMad wrote: »
    I recognise that BMW Dusty.......old Dublin reg.......lovely. Any history with it, stories of its former owners ??

Not much History, But i have the original logbook with the previous owners details.

The Chap I bought it from lives in limerick and has owned it since the late eighties (most of this time in storage)

Before that it was in Cork for a short while. (less than a year)

Prior to that in D4

The original owner (29th June 73) lived in Cabinteely.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭macautos

@jay28 . Love the colour of your car . Whats the colour and code . Hardly Audi Nimbus grey is it.

A couple of pics of my 2 work in progress Toyota classics :rolleyes:

Below is my 1972 Corolla ke25 SL coupe.
    2007_0617Image0065.jpg
    2007_0617Image0046.jpg

Also below is my ke70 Corolla van . An original old South Tipp reg

aaDSCF4221.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ That Corolla van is something I haven't seen since probably the mid-90's! Any plans on restoring it?

Max_Damage wrote: »
    ^ That Corolla van is something I haven't seen since probably the mid-90's! Any plans on restoring it?

Ya the van aint too common nowadays . I actually found it in a field would you believe.
    Plan is to restore it in the future alright .Same with the ke25 there . I am actually rebuilding 2 other Corolla's there at the minute so dont have time nor money to attack the other 2 above yet . All in good time i suppose :)

If anyone does have Toyota ke20/ke25/ke30/ke70/ee80/ae86/ep70 scrappers or bits and bobs please let me know .Always looking for parts.

Dusty1609 wrote: »
    Not much History, But i have the original logbook with the previous owners details.

The Chap I bought it from lives in limerick and has owned it since the late eighties (most of this time in storage)

Before that it was in Cork for a short while. (less than a year)

Prior to that in D4

The original owner (29th June 73) lived in Cabinteely.

...........different car so ! I knew of two around Howth/Sutton area up to the late 1990's. One actually was a more green than blue colour, always mint, I think it had Alpina stripes.

The other was identical colour to yours, old Dublin reg, and the owner asked me for a trade in price against a brand new E39 back in 1996. The car had been reupholstered in beige leather, done quite well, but I felt it had been parked up for a while and I could do nothing with it in a modern dealership. I din't want to insult the guy so I passed on the deal. The new E39's were in short supply so we held out for the sweet deals. I didn't want that noose around my neck and the guy who owned it felt it was worth huge bucks !

Ahh well !

• Advertisement

they are 2 nice projects you have there.

I think the code was K1, its a ford grey, I seen it on a ford focus and asked the owner to pop the bonnet so I could get the code from it, its a lovely colour, small bit darker than the audi grey.

aaDSCF4221.jpg
    Nice cars there lad,the van is very rare at this stage!!Rear wheel drive too i believe,running gear our of an E86 into that would make a job of her:PThe reg makes it an 83 one,is that right?The KE25 would be very unusual in this country!!There seems to be alot of different versions of the KE20 around.

MercMad wrote: »
    ...........different car so ! I knew of two around Howth/Sutton area up to the late 1990's. One actually was a more green than blue colour, always mint, I think it had Alpina stripes.

The other was identical colour to yours, old Dublin reg, and the owner asked me for a trade in price against a brand new E39 back in 1996. The car had been reupholstered in beige leather, done quite well, but I felt it had been parked up for a while and I could do nothing with it in a modern dealership. I din't want to insult the guy so I passed on the deal. The new E39's were in short supply so we held out for the sweet deals. I didn't want that noose around my neck and the guy who owned it felt it was worth huge bucks !

Ahh well !

Be interesting to know what happened to them. I guess quite a number of classics would have gone across to the UK, since there was probably no demand for them here 10-15 years ago. How things change....

Dusty1609 wrote: »
    Be interesting to know what happened to them. I guess quite a number of classics would have gone across to the UK, since there was probably no demand for them here 10-15 years ago. How things change....
    Too right....

Nice cars there lad,the van is very rare at this stage!!Rear wheel drive too i believe,running gear our of an E86 into that would make a job of her:PThe reg makes it an 83 one,is that right?The KE25 would be very unusual in this country!!There seems to be alot of different versions of the KE20 around.

Ya all ke70 corolla's are rwd . Tis '83 alright .The ke70 has the same floorpan as the ae86 so the 4age engine and t50 box would go into her alright .But the estate and van have a leaf spring rear for the extra load and weight ,so leaves a nice bit of work to get the ae86 lsd axle into em .

The ke25 coupe would be fairly rare alright . Not that many ke20 versions in fairness . The coupe is above and also there is a 2 door and 4 door sedan .The sedan would have been fairly common back in the day here so im told . A ke26 estate was produced also .

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭markeymark

My '79 Scirocco GLI (the one with the GTI engine) and mk1 MR2 daily driver...

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

well no prizes for guessing what i have parked in my yard :D

baltinglassrally004.jpg

astraconvertble011.jpg

98calibraphotos005.jpg

cihenginepics010.jpg

bluecoupe87ereg017.jpg

+ 2 hiding in the garage
    astraconvertble016.jpg

They all look great, especially the silver one !

I sold one of the last Mantas ever in Ireland , a white one with white wheels etc.. registered in Dublin February 1987 ...............lovely cars !

Lovely cars mantamad!!Really living up to your name!
    Is this ascona irish?
    cihenginepics010.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

Lovely cars mantamad!!Really living up to your name!
    Is this ascona irish?
    cihenginepics010.jpg

yep irish car 406 OZL & its coming up for sale soon :(

as i have found a rare machine to replace it ;)

Advertisement