Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much are you doing now?

Options
  • 13-11-2005 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

How long is everyone spending each night doing work? I'm getting a bit worried because I finished my homework for the weekend in half an hour on Friday, before the midterm I was doing around 2 1/2 hours a night but the teachers have slacked off on the old eccer.

Also, is anyone else revising at this stage? I'm still just doing my homework each night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

As I type I'm evading work but I need a bit of a break because we got a shocking amount of homework for the weekend.

As far as revision is concerned, no I'm not really doing any. We have the class tests and I do study for most of them but that's about the extent of it. Might start very soon though. Christmas tests and so forth are already on the horizon.

My workload probably averages to 2 hours of homework a weeknight, maybe even a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i'm not doing an awful lot at all even though i know i should! i'm just not motivated at all at all!!!

I do evening study for 2 hours but last thurs i spent exactly an hour of that staring at my english papers trying to choose which question B to do!!

I need some motivation!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Yeah! does anyone know where I could buy some:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

gotta agree, have no motivation apart from guilt which doesn't help. I can barely get my homework done bcos i get distracted and cant focus, feel bad but what can i do? Its bad too cos looking for dentistry r sumtin in that range which is astronomical, wish I only wanted to wash windows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

have loads of motivation but a **** load of exhustion problem, generally do around 3 hours a night during weekends and just barely anything on the weekends usually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I've been the most lethargic little shíte for the whole week too, I've gone to bed really early at 9 or 10, but every single evening I felt exhausted and had to have a nap for an hour or two.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

4 hours a night approx...more on wendesdays when I finish earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I do supervised study after school, at the moment Im doing 4 hours everyday after school and Sundays..I only need 310 but the pressure of everyone else trying to work hard, has gotten me working..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

i am so sick of books and homework right now. just had parent teacher meetings and got a lot of "could do better if work was put in" and "has the ability but wont use it" ect. my attitude at the moment is just 'whatever'. i know its wrong but i couldnt care less at the moment. i hate having to study so much and when i dont i have to admit that i feel very bitter when my friends do better than me.
    and what annoys me further is when people of the older generation ask "how is the study going?" at EVERY given oppertunity. if i was honest i'd say "crap, but you know what i dont care." instead like most i simply give the classic "its hard work but its going grand" ect.
    im doing supervised everyday (except friday) till 6 and after that i only do stuff if i really have to. so basically its like two hours per night and feck all at the weekend. stupid leaving cert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

I'm only doing supervised study(though I've skipped a fair few now...) and maybe three or four hours on the weekend. I'll make the big push after Christmas...or maybe after the mocks...or perhaps Easter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

golden gal wrote:
    i am so sick of books and homework right now. just had parent teacher meetings and got a lot of "could do better if work was put in" and "has the ability but wont use it" ect. my attitude at the moment is just 'whatever'. i know its wrong but i couldnt care less at the moment. i hate having to study so much and when i dont i have to admit that i feel very bitter when my friends do better than me.
    and what annoys me further is when people of the older generation ask "how is the study going?" at EVERY given oppertunity. if i was honest i'd say "crap, but you know what i dont care." instead like most i simply give the classic "its hard work but its going grand" ect.
    im doing supervised everyday (except friday) till 6 and after that i only do stuff if i really have to. so basically its like two hours per night and feck all at the weekend. stupid leaving cert.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm just not bothered to do any study outside supervised. Just homework and stuff I have to do.

After Christmas I might get grinds in Physics, because that's damn hard.

OctavarIan wrote:
    That's pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm just not bothered to do any study outside supervised. Just homework and stuff I have to do.

After Christmas I might get grinds in Physics, because that's damn hard.
    i think i'll prob get grinds in chemistry!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

golden gal wrote:
    what annoys me further is when people of the older generation ask "how is the study going?" at EVERY given oppertunity. if i was honest i'd say "crap, but you know what i dont care." instead like most i simply give the classic "its hard work but its going grand" ect.
    Oh that's so ANNOYING! When I was in 6th year I felt like getting a special t-shirt printed up for visiting relations, so they could just read that instead of trying to make small talk with me - it would say "I'm in 6th year now, no it's not that bad, the teachers are being very supportive, studying is hard work but it's grand when you get into it, I haven't decided yet what I'm putting on my CAO, no I really haven't decided yet, yes it is actually possible to be in 6th year and not have decided what I want to do in college, no I am not going to go for Medicine, and I don't want to talk about the points system"

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Fishie wrote:
    .... no I am not going to go for Medicine
    That sounds so familiar.

Fishie wrote:
    Oh that's so ANNOYING! When I was in 6th year I felt like getting a special t-shirt printed up for visiting relations, so they could just read that instead of trying to make small talk with me - it would say "I'm in 6th year now, no it's not that bad, the teachers are being very supportive, studying is hard work but it's grand when you get into it, I haven't decided yet what I'm putting on my CAO, no I really haven't decided yet, yes it is actually possible to be in 6th year and not have decided what I want to do in college, no I am not going to go for Medicine, and I don't want to talk about the points system"
    I like it...i like it a lot!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Fishie wrote:

Ill have 5 of those t-shirts please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

comforting to hear my thought coming from someone else, were not alone if thats even a consolation, united in misery. I reckon the minister for education should have to do it each year(or 2 or 3, whatevers the same as us) in subjects he/shes doing for the first time and if they dont get a certain amount of points......FIRED! Haha! We'd see the days off soar and point system change pretty fast then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

I'm doing in and around three hours every night including homework. Homework takes me just under an hour. As far as all the pressure and such, meh, it's just one more year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

If I get enough orders I will start up an online shop :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Fishie wrote:

I'd buy one!;)

Fishie wrote:
    i'll take 3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 strepsil

i'm just doing my homework and that takes the best part of 3 hours every night

Advertisement