Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Guerrero is dead.

• 13-11-2005 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

According to the WWE website Eddie Guerreo was found dead this morning.
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

I am deeply saddened and in shock:(

Eddie Guerrero R.I.P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

WTF!!!

thats tragic...was lookin foreward to seein him on the survivor series team and all...holy **** thats a shock..RIP eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

RIP

This is unreal. Eddie was always one of my favourites. Cant express how shocked I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Christ almighty what a shock. He was what, 37-8?

RIP latino Heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Another to add to the tragic list of professional wrestlers who have died before their time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

One of my mates just said it to me there..I'm in disbelief. One of the best wrestlers ever, gone. I know you can't say that you wouldn't expect someone to die, but Eddie really is someone I didn't expect to die. After all he's overcome..I'm gonna miss him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm in disbelief. One of the best wrestlers ever, gone. I know you can't say that you wouldn't expect someone to die, but Eddie really is someone I didn't expect to die. After all he's overcome..I'm gonna miss him

I THINK YOU SPEAK FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE WITH THAT STATEMENT...................

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IM SO SHOCKED AFTER READING THAT.IT WAS SO SUDDEN...I WAS JUST WATCHIN THE MATCH OF HIM AT MANIA WINNING THE WWE TITLE AND HIM AND BENOIT HUGGING AND CRYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING FRIDAY NIGHT......HE'S GONNA BE MISSED SO MUCH....RIP EDDIE..
    THANKS FOR THE YEARS OF ENTERAINMENT YOU HAVE GIVEN US....:( :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

God that is tragic, am truly shocked. Such talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

Anyone have any other info about what happened? Google doesnt even seem to have registered it yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

damn thats a shock RIP Eddie

list of wrestlers who have died over the past number of years

http://www.deansplanet.com/deadwrestler.html

the vast majority of them seem to be heart attacks or drug abuse...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

****ing hell, that is some of the saddest news i have heard in a while. only watching Smackdown the other night saying the man deserves another run with the title

RIP Latino Heat

Viva La Rasa, some pics to remember Eddie by -

32BADSEED1.jpg
    What a moment that was when he pinned Brock for the title. Dont think I ever marked so loud.

37.jpg

04.jpg

eddie%20guerrero.jpg

eddieg.jpg

People should add pics here, as a tribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Holy Crap Im as many others, in shock

R.I.P Eddie

gimmick wrote:
    Viva La Rasa, some pics to remember Eddie by -

People should add pics here, as a tribute.

good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

very sad and shocking news, a true legend! RIP Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Did he seriously beef up lately? I don't watch WWE more then once a month for the laugh but I remember him as a thin-ish small guy with long hair (thin in relation to other wrestlers now, not normal thin).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I just heard the news. I can't take it in. "Eddie Guerrero passes away" It just sounds so wrong. For it to end like this after so many ups and downs for him. I dont know.

Its his own fault for taking drugs!

Also this is a bit funny
    http://eddiedead.ytmnd.com/

If a moderator was here to do their job they should ban you for life. I was gonna swear but this is nt about getting angry at you. No one knows whats the cause firstly. Secondly, get a book on addiction before you start spouting that crap.

• Advertisement

Also this is a bit funny

Thats not even remotely funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Its not really funny I admit but its just an ironic flaw pointed out but everyone needs to cool down....hardly worth a "Ban for life"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

If a moderator was here to do their job they should ban you for life. I was gonna swear but this is nt about getting angry at you. No one knows whats the cause firstly. Secondly, get a book on addiction before you start spouting that crap.

agreed....who moderates these forums anyway......will someone ban this dickhead.....................
    go to www.maybefriends.com and find some1 there that will laugh at your jokes...

Also this is a bit funny
    hillarious :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good God almighty. I'm only after reading the news. I'm so saddened to hear about this.

One of the greatest wrestlers the company ever had.:(

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Also this is a bit funny

I think it is worth a permanent ban!! Its one thing to have a pop off someone your having a disagreement with on boards but its something else to be taking the piss out of someone who's just passed away!!!!
    Someone who entertained us,gave his all for us and now so much more.

Iv got that twisted knot feeling in my stomach.
    Cant believe that we'll never see the 3amigo's, the frog splash, that cheeky cheating grin, him carrying the gold. Cant even believe im talkin about him in the past presence. Waiting for someone to say its not true.

As much as there's mourning to do at the end of it all eddies live is one to be celebrated and looked back on fondly. I just glad i had the privilege of seeing him wrestle live 3 times. Man this suck's.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends at this hard time.

Eddie you might be gone but you'll NEVER be forgotten!!

VIVA LA RAZA!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I hope either raw or smackdown dedicates one of their shows to him and possibly do a memorial show. He deserves much more than just a 2 and a half minute vignette at the start of a show. Id, quite honestly, be disgusted with wwe if they didnt.

Also this is a bit funny

Utterly tasteless. You sicken me.

TOPDAWG wrote:
    I hope either raw or smackdown dedicates one of their shows to him and possibly do a memorial show. He deserves much more than just a 2 and a half minute vignette at the start of a show. Id, quite honestly, be disgusted with wwe if they didnt.

They will don't worry. Accrding to Dave Sherer at PWInsider:
    The word I have gotten is that the company has decided to make both the Raw and Smackdown shows at tonight's combined taping in Minneapolis tribute shows to Eddie. The usual format for the shows has been changed to instead incorporate tributes to Eddie.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=14363&p=1

• Advertisement

I think its best if we leave the tasteless remarks of some to rot where they belong.

This is about Eddie Guerrero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

its confirmed on wrestlezone.com that this weeks raw and smackdown will be tribute shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'm just so shocked!! He was gonna be in a match with Batista & Randy tonight for the title and i was convinced he was gonna win!!

It is such a loss!! I can't believe it!!
    R.I.P Eddie!! Viva La Raza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I simply don't know what to say about this terrible news. Eddie was an example of how it should be done, at the very highest level. Thank you Eddie for years of entertainment. My heart goes out to his wife and his young family.

There's a little more information here but still no word on what the cause of death was.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=4406

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=4408

So you think he died of natural causes? i feel sorry for his family but IMO he was probably taking drugs like most other wrestlers

You will no doubt very shortly be finding out that your opinion counts for nothing here when you get banned for your disgusting post earlier. If you have nothing useful to contribute, kindly fu*k off out of here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That's a bit of a surprise. Eddie did look like a juicer but I always assumed it was the big lunks who usually died young.

Roar wrote:

Also, Damn! I didn't know the BigBossMan,Hercules and Hawk were all dead. I grew up watching those guys before I realised Wrestling was stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Here are some more details coming out in regards to Eddie Guerrero's premature passing.

Eddie was staying at the Marriott City Center hotel in downtown Minneapolis. He had an early wake-up call shortly after 7:00 a.m. local time. Eddie didn't answer the door. He was traveling with Chavo Guerrero, who called the room and couldn't get an answer. When several knocks on his hotel room door went unanswered, security got the door open and Eddie was found dead in the bathroom. The police were quickly called at around 7:30 a.m. local time. Attempts were made to revive him, but they couldn't summon Eddie back to life.

sources - Wrestling Observer, Pro Wrestling Torch

Most wrestlers who die before their time die because of drug use

Are you not allowed free speech on boards? When a wrestler dies for no apparent reason its mostly caused by drug use!

The cause of death is unknown and entirely irrelevant - the fact is the man is dead, fans of his were here to mourn his passing and you thought it would be funny to make a joke of it. You are an utterly despicable person.

Most wrestlers who die before their time die because of drug use

Are you not allowed free speech on boards? When a wrestler dies for no apparent reason its mostly caused by drug use!

You abuse free speech. This is a forum for wrestling fans where we show appreciation to wrestling and wrestlers. You then come on here and mock the death of a wrestler we all know and appreciate.

You're a f*cking disgrace and I hope someone bans your sorry *** soon.

It's a pity that there's always one who just can't show even a modicum of respect at a time like this.

Some more details - you needn't bother trying to make up for it now General, you're still a scumbag and the infor had already been posted.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_15353.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

It is not always caused by drug abuse!! Anyway there is no point speculating about it until the information is official released!!

This message was posted on the official TNA website...

TNA JOINS THE WRESTLING WORLD IN MOURNING THE PASSING OF EDDIE GUERRERO

On Sunday morning, TNA joined the wrestling world in learning of the unfortunate and untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero.

The mood backstage in Orlando is solemn, as many TNA staff and stars were close with Eddie and worked with him throughout his career.

Everyone in TNA will keep Eddie and his family in our thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come as we say goodbye to a friend...

Sky Sports News also had the news on the scrollbar on the bottom of the screen.

indeed, could be anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The problem with deleting the posts is that theres always some smart arses who quote the offending posts a million times so i have to edit a monkey load of posts to remove the references. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont quote bogey posts in your replies it makes our jobs a million times harder. Good on you's for useing the report post function though.

Bombidol, will you just ban the fu*ker and be done with it???

he's just trying to taunt us now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Truly shocked, Eddie R.I.P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

RIP Eddie

VIVA LA RAZA

bombidol,

Please ban The General. To call Eddie a scumbag on a thread where most of us are paying tribute to him is just not on.

quote where i called him a scumbag, the only thing i said that was a bit harsh was "its his own fault for taking drugs"

Fine:
    i did nothing wrong, if you heard some scumbag died from taking drugs would you not say something like "Its his own fault"

On this thread, the first thing you said about Eddie Guerrero was "Its his own fault".

Ban him please, bombidol.

The general - it was when you tried to make a bad joke about his death that you crossed the line - have you forgotten already?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Could we please stop arguing and try to remember a great wrestler,a great husband and a great father?

he leaves behind a wife and three kids all under the age of 14

• Advertisement
Advertisement