Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Guerrero is dead.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

gimmick wrote:
    eddieshirtsig4vz.jpg

Class tribute by Cena.
    i totally agree..he didnt talk but just put the t shirt in the middle of the ring and placed the title on it and left the ring....rip eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

jerryadams wrote:
    European tour is actually still going ahead. This is from [url]www.prowrestling.com:[/url]

There are a number of wrestlers that did not leave today for the European tour (Benoit, Malenko, Mysterio, Batista). They will join the tour after the funeral services are held later this week.

And has of about 12 today Easons where still advertising on in store book signing with Shawn Michaels this Saturday. So it does look like it's still on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Of coruse it's, still on WWE have money to make and that's more important to them that Eddie ever will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In fairness FX, they cant be expected to put shows off indefinitely.

In the meantime, here is an interview with his wife, and the initial autopsy report

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath

No greta surprises there, just glad it wasnt of any recent abuse.

thanks for that gimmick..yea good to see that it wasnt recent abuse....really feel sorry for his family though

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

RIP EDDIE:(

There are some very moving videos on the WWE site, ray and Chris benoit's videos are probably the most moving, chris benoit is still in shock and cries and mourns the loss of his friend

Very sad to see such a great wrestler pass away:(

VIVA LA RASSA!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/videos/ (tributes to Eddie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

heard about this last night. couldn't believe it. very sad.
    Glad I got to meet him last year, he was real nice.

R.I.P. Eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just wanted to let people know there is a petition up about the guy on ESPN who said some disrespectful things about Eddie! to sign it go to: http://www.petitiononline.com/firecc/petition.html

And for anyone who has a myspace.com profile, a tribute page had been set up for Eddie at: http://www.myspace.com/eddietribute111305

R.I.P Eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
    Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

At least he went peacefully in his sleep.

WDK wrote:

he died in the bathroom with his truthbrush in his mouth....

• Advertisement

WDK wrote:

he died in the bathroom with his truthbrush in his mouth....he was hardly asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Something i was thinking about today was how im glad that he actually went out more or less as the eddie who won the title instead of the character he was in the last few months. I know it probably sound trivial but i just thought it was nice.

Although i still cheered him in the RDS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

TOPDAWG wrote:
    Something i was thinking about today was how im glad that he actually went out more or less as the eddie who won the title instead of the character he was in the last few months. I know it probably sound trivial but i just thought it was nice.

that crossed my mind the other day aswell

TOPDAWG wrote:

yea he did leave us while he was at the peak of his career.........which is the best possible way he could have left.....

rip latino heat

yeah its a tragedy!rip llatino heat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

still cant believe it,just watched the tributes on the wwe site there and its very emotional stuff.Just wondering as well would any1 have a pic of him from the rds show? R.I.P EDDIE

i do...kinda busy with christmas exams and stuff at the moment so ill post them up asap in a separate thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Here's a few from the RDS thread. Thanks to faithy and logistic

13cd.jpg?phIb5eDBTTCUPBLu?phIb5eDBTTCUPBLu

89ae.jpg?phIb5eDBHn9wVag9

dscf0016.jpg

dscf0017.jpg

he really was a class act

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I love this photo. I think it shows the Eddie that we loved, obviously after making some smart as quip

eddie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick,

I've put an image of Eddie as part of my sig. I think it's one you highlighted so I hope you don't mind.

I think it would be a nice mark of respect if we all put Eddie guerrero in our sigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Any one know the Johnny Cash track used for the highlight reel on Raw?

R.I.P. Eddie...

was it called hurt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I have a question about the music used on the tribute. I watched Raw on Monday and again on Wednesday and I am positive that the music yesterday was different. On Monday it was Johnny Cash's excellent version of 'Hurt', but yesterday it was a latin type guitar melody. Did anyone else notice this? I taped it last night but would have preferred Mondays version.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Nunu wrote:
    I have a question about the music used on the tribute. I watched Raw on Monday and again on Wednesday and I am positive that the music yesterday was different. On Monday it was Johnny Cash's excellent version of 'Hurt', but yesterday it was a latin type guitar melody. Did anyone else notice this? I taped it last night but would have preferred Mondays version.

Even though Hurt is one of my all time favourite songs (written by Trent Reznor) I think the lyrics were unbelieveably inappropriate. If you google them you will see what I mean. Those beautiful words were speaking of someone who failed to conquer their adversity, Eddie triumphed over his.

I love the song but quite honestly it is a junkie anthem and not right for Latino Heat.

I never thought I would cry over any celebrity, but Eddie I cried for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I haven't watched wrestling in about 4-5 years, but I always found him to be funny, quirky and most of all a legend. He was a funny character, and I'm sure he wont be forgotten.

Advertisement