Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Project

Options
  • 13-11-2005 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey does anyone have any idea what project/text their going to use in the French oral?Im totally lost as to what to use but have heard it's much easier to bring one in. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It's a pity the search function is down, there was definitely a thread about this before.

Going on personal experience I'd recommend that you bring in a family holiday photo. The examiner is going to talk to you about whatever you bring in, so why not bring in something that is easy to talk about, you can basically predict what she's going to ask, it's simple french that you can use correctly rather than tying yourself up in knots trying to learn something complicated.

If you bring in a holiday photo you're most likely to get asked about whatever friends/family are in the picture, where you went, what the weather was like, did you enjoy it, would you go back, did you like going on holidays with your parents etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

It's a pity the search function is down, there was definitely a thread about this before.

Going on personal experience I'd recommend that you bring in a family holiday photo. The examiner is going to talk to you about whatever you bring in, so why not bring in something that is easy to talk about, you can basically predict what she's going to ask, it's simple french that you can use correctly rather than tying yourself up in knots trying to learn something complicated.

If you bring in a holiday photo you're most likely to get asked about whatever friends/family are in the picture, where you went, what the weather was like, did you enjoy it, would you go back, did you like going on holidays with your parents etc.
    i'm bringing in a picture of my great grandmother, grandparents, dad, sister and me! there's four generations in the picture and I can explain where it was taken and some interesting stuff about my grandparents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

DON'T PANIC: There is no structure for the French Oral. The oral examiner is probably going to ask you different questions to the person that goes in before and after you. If you have a good memory and have practised you should do well.

The document should be something you can talk about easily, like what angeldelight said. If you find it hard to keep up the general conversation, the examiner will go to the document. He/She will know you're better at this and will go to this if you're struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

that thread title was so misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I'm just after reading it again:v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

caesar wrote:
    I'm just after reading it again:v:

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i brought in a picture of the friends cast, so that it could lead on to talkin bout tv. thats what to bear in mind when decidin, that you'll have to talk bout whatever..

PS :D at title

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I haven;t been told a thing about the ORAL, em I hate languages tho... all I want in french is a C or above.. and honour at honors. i don't like it at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

We were advised against bringing in holiday photos, the examiner will be sick to the teeth with holiday photos and there usually isn't much to say other than sun,sea,sand etc. Best bet is to bring in something that you are genuinely interested in and have a lot to say about.

Advertisement