Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unsure of whats going on

• 13-11-2005 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Here it goes: I've known a guy thorugh friends for a while. He went to school with a friend of mine, now we're in the same college.
    I see him quite a bit, and he often comes out with us. Theres always been this flirty thing between us, we get on really well. We scored for the first time a few weeks ago, and again the other nite at a party. We spent the whole night together, just kissing and talking. Thing is he hasn't text me/called me, I really like him. He has been known to be a bit of a man wh***. But i do really like him. whats going on, why won't he txt?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

If he's a player then why do you want to be with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

Why do girls like men who know are going to let them down? Can any girls answer this please? Sorry for going off-topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueRollingPin

Exon wrote:
    Why do girls like men who know are going to let them down? Can any girls answer this please? Sorry for going off-topic.

Probably because they see it as a challenge to be 'the one' that can bag him, so to say.

To lalalalala: I don't know why he hasn't texted you back -If he's been flirting with you and you've scored, well, he's just a jerk for not texting you and isn't worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

lalalalala, as you said yourself he is a man whore - this is why he hasnt called you --- you just got played!

dont hate the player bla bla bla.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

Ahh you really should have seen that one coming. He's just acting out the role he's known to do. My advice to you would be not to let him use you again, and stay away from any guys similar to him if you don't wanna end up getting hurt again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sugarbear wrote:
    Ahh you really should have seen that one coming. He's just acting out the role he's known to do. My advice to you would be not to let him use you again, and stay away from any guys similar to him if you don't wanna end up getting hurt again.

I think this sorta lesson should be thought to girls in their early teens..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Whether he's a 'player' or not, it seems he's under the impression that it's just a casual bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Well if you like him have you texted him yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

the whole girls dont txt guys first without seeming desperate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Akrow

I don't know the circumstances surrounding the occasions where you got together, whether drink was taken, etc. My impression is that guys in this country generally don't have a clue when it comes to how to talk to a woman.

If he likes you, he would have called you, texted you, got a friend to call you, got a friend to text you, e-mailed you, something. He hasn't. Seems to me he's too embarrassed to contact you, because he's only afraid to disappoint you and tell you that he doesn't see any future between you.

Just be happy this happened after a few kisses, instead of after four years. But let's not go there...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

If you're in college together you should see him around anyway. I'd wait till then and see how he's acting towards you. He sounds like he'll make what he wants obvious. And make sure that he's not just using you as that's never a nice feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yep sounds like he's embarrassed (he's hardly shy) but that can happen with friends when they 'score' (ah ahte that word!) happened me with a guy i got on really well with, we were both really drunk, we wouldnt have got together otherwise!! havent actually seen him since, tho we email (since im not at home)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

lalalalala wrote:
    But i do really like him. whats going on, why won't he txt?

While I'm not psychic so I can't tell you what he's thinking, this is my opinion...

I have a female friend like you. In the past I used to kiss her (and more) when drunk. I was just because...I could. It was nothing personal, it was just a bit of fun. Emotions from the heart has nothing to do with it.

Maybe your friend is the same as me. If so, he has the exact same opinion of your friendship before the kissing/etc. started.

Don't analyse. Men are simple. You'd know by now if he fancied you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

lalalalala wrote:
    Here it goes: I've known a guy thorugh friends for a while. He went to school with a friend of mine, now we're in the same college.
    I see him quite a bit, and he often comes out with us. Theres always been this flirty thing between us, we get on really well. We scored for the first time a few weeks ago, and again the other nite at a party. We spent the whole night together, just kissing and talking. Thing is he hasn't text me/called me, I really like him. He has been known to be a bit of a man wh***. But i do really like him. whats going on, why won't he txt?

do i know him?

no.

then how can i tell you what he is thinking?

why dont you ask him? what are you afraid of? is there any reason why you havent asked so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea no point in your head being wrecked over this!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

lalalalala wrote:
    whats going on, why won't he txt?

ask him
    we don't know him and therefore cannot answer your question

Advertisement