Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I think Englands actions in Ireland were worse than Hitlers towards the Jews.

Options
  • 13-11-2005 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

In a previous thread (Which is now closed) I said what England did to Ireland was worse than what Hitler done to the Jews. I was told I was wrong and it was a ridiculous opinion. Now im not going to insult anyone but I will say why I have this view.

In Wexford Cromwell herded 200 women and Children into the marketplace and had them killed claiming it was a "righteous judgement from God".

In the early 1920s a huge number of 1RA members were excecuted by the Ruc in there own homes. One pub owner was taken out of the pub along with his 5 sons and they were all shot dead. Another ws killed along with his 7 year old son with a sledgehammer.

During the 9 years war the English soldiers burned off captives feet to force them to give information.

Im sure youve all heard of Bloody Sunday.

And the massacre at Croke Park in 1920.

Then there were the Penal laws which were just as bad as the restrictions on Jews.

And then there was the destruction of crops in Ulster 1600 to starve the Irish to death.

And of course the brutal retaliation after the 1798 rebellion. Tar and feathering flogging to death people being hung drawn and quartered.

Then there is the fact that 40% of Irelands population were killed in the war against Cromwell.

And that 1 million people died in the great famine mostly because of British indifference.

And the way Britian ignored Irelands Democratic will for Home Rule in an act of sheer hypocrisy.(Hiler never claimed to be Democratic but Britian did.)

The Broken treaty of Limerick.

The discrimination against nationalists in Northern Ireland.

There is loads more but i dont hav time.
    I believe if you add up all of the Irish people killed by the English and the amount of damage done to this country by them it would be worse than what Hitler did to the Jews.
    By the way I still think the Holocaust was horrific but Englands actions in Ireland were at least as bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

eh i'm afraid i still think its ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i think this is the first time i've been on the politics forum, and it'll be the last if this dumbass post is anything to go by.

stfu man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

From what I can make out about Cromwell he landed in Ireland and went from north to south. He stopped in Drogedha and slaughtered everyone without waiting them to surrender. He proceded to wexford and the people decided to surrender but there was a misunderstanding between the two parties and they stormed into the town and raped pillaged and then murdered everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KieranusTyranus

Cromwell was as bad as Hitler. He didnt kill as many people but he was just as evil and unjustified in his actions.

Cromwell was as bad as Hitler. He didnt kill as many people but he was just as evil and unjustified in his actions.
    what are you actually trying to prove by posting such ****e?

Are you going to magically change people's opinions? No, i would think not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

maybe he didnt kill as many people as hitler as he didnt have the technology to do so.

ah he's only 14... bless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I am in no way defending the actions of the British, but jesus christ the English did not attempt to exterminate the entire Irish race in a final solution. I mean 5 millions Jews killed in the holocaust cannot be compared to the English's actions. Brutal as they were, an entire race of people were not on the brink of erradication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

that's the most ridiculous post ever, the brits never gased 6million of us, most irish people didn't live in fear of their lifes during the whole of the british rule, have you ever heard of the word 'scale'.

I think someone needs a hug

• Advertisement

just realised the poster was 14, still worthy of being called an idiot though.

Dont start insulting me because of my age I have attended the center for talented youth of Ireland twice and I feel any such insult to be something the mods should be informed of.

I have attended the center for talented youth of Ireland twice.

Well then.........................

i'm not insulting you because of you're age, i'm insulting you because of your joke of a post, and what the **** is the "center for talented youth of ireland".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭AndyWarhol

The original post, whilst a controversial one, is a valid argument.

Most people would not share the opinions expressed above, but nobody has made any attempt whatsoever to address the points raise.

I don't see why this person should be banned just because he does not conform to the views of the politically correct majority.

So instead of actually knocking this person off their soap-box and addressing the ridiculous argument he has put forward, the lame respondees have resorted to attacking his person with insults, instead of attacking his post (which was made in a civilised manner and offered for discussion).

AndyWarhol wrote:
    The original post, whilst a controversial one, is a valid argument.

Most people would not share the opinions expressed above, but nobody has made any attempt whatsoever to address the points raise.

I don't see why this person should be banned just because he does not conform to the views of the politically correct majority.

So instead of actually knocking this person off their soap-box and addressing the ridiculous argument he has put forward, the lame respondees have resorted to attacking his person with insults, instead of attacking his post (which was made in a civilised manner and offered for discussion).

Thank you! While do not agree with me you had the courtesy to address my comment in a dignified way instead of insulting me because of my age like some posters have done.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Then there is the fact that 40% of Irelands population were killed in the war against Cromwell.
    Link to back this up please.

Also many of the other events were par for the standards of religious/civil war in those times. Point being they were nasty but not totally unheard of.

What are your sources for the information you have offered. What have you read on hitlers treatment of the jews and english actions in ireland?
    I believe if you add up all of the Irish people killed by the English and the amount of damage done to this country by them it would be worse than what Hitler did to the Jews.

Could you go into more detail on this? You didn't really offer any points of comparison between the two. You can't prove something to be true, just by saying you believe in it.

Closing this thread.

Original poster-please dont let me see threads like this again here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement