Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body Type

• 13-11-2005 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I don;t get the obsession with being thin!
    I am "plesantly plump" and i love being me.
    Its all a case of attude when dealing with ur body. It comes across in ur body movement and the the way you deal with people.

For those like myseld who complain bout getting clothes to fit. Fashion shops have realised that they are losing our business and created a line or ordered their cloths in bigger sizes.
    I love Awear and Dorthery Perkins.

Any one agree or disagree

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its great that your confident with yourself but I don't find overweight girls attractive at all.

People shouldn't obsess about being thin but being healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

As long as you're happy within yourself then thats all that matters really. I know a few larger people who spend their whole time complaining about the medias view on body size, and some of them are quite obsessive in their complaining, but I also know some who are genuinely happy in themselves and it doesn't affect their lives at all. Afterall it's all about confidence really

• Registered Users Posts: 26 playfulkitten

Some of the people who are over weight are healty they just are that body shape and things like gentics come into factor also i am attracted to a persons personality but then i will say being physically attreacted to them is a must

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

fair play to women who are overweight and confident with themselves but i cant stand women who blame other people for their problem. For example a woman who eats chipper every other night but balances out the grease with a healthy can of DIET coke!

i saw this show a week or two ago about a woman who got some sort of operation to make her stop eating so much, thats all well and good! But a year or two after she was still obese and coomplained that the surgery didnt work. Then they show her diet, it was pure junk food: coke, chocolate, fast food etc. She said it was "partly my fault"?!?!?! it was her fault entirly! They showed 3 others that had the surgery and they had lost a huge amount of weight! That really pissed me off!

anyway i dont like really skinny girls but i do like a girl to take care of herself, like what she eats and gets some excercise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

its all about how you carry yourself tbh! i know bigger girls who look fantastic and have attractive figures because of how they dress and act-yet i know girls of the same size who look unattractive because of how they hold themselves (good posture works wonders for your appearance!!)
    as for being able to find clothes that fit you, im quite curvy but size eight and i can rarely find stuff to fit me so its nothing to do with your size its all about body shape/what suits you etc. finding clothes to fit you in ireland is very difficult no matter what size you are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 playfulkitten

i so totally agree. Every person has hang ups but its how we deal with them that deteimes people reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ah ye need something to grab hold of on a chick, something to keep you warm on cold evenings such as this.
    i think the danger is blaming your weight on 'body type' rather than 'diet type'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Get an electric blanket tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

Sangre wrote:
    Get an electric blanket tbh.

lawl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

The only use I could give for an electric blanket would be to wrap all fat girls in them and put it on max for the night. Ok, sorry that was harsh, I'm only joking!

Good to be confident tho, that is a plus for some guys.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think this is about the 5th thread that I've seen in as many weeks on this subject. There are 2 threads on Page 2 alone. I'm going to lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement