Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debs; paying a year in advance

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

lost_soul wrote:
    Im from the country (mayo) and we have a pre-debs thing. Its called the Grad-Night though. It used to be just a drinking disco but for the past two years it had turned into a four-course meal type thing!!! and then we have the debs on top of that.

Dress code Boys: Shirt and jeans
    Girls: Well we trust them to dress themselfs!!

I have never heard of any other school that does it our way having two meals. I wouldn't mind but were not even a private school! i no there is a school near us who have a 6th year christmas party!
    That sounds pretty cool actually, I wouldn't mind if our school had done something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Funkstard wrote:
    they serve until 5am or something ridiculous

Hurrah! 'twil be an excellent night.

Funkstard wrote:
    We're booking ours for the Pavilion in Leopardstown, is that where you are Daddio? It sounds great, they serve until 5am or something ridiculous
    Um well my debs was there this year and they served until 2.30 or something, after that they'd still give you water but they weren't selling alcohol or anything. They served breakfast at 5.30 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Oh really? Well we'll just buy a rake of cans and present them at 2:30 so. What's a debs like at the Pav? I've heard good things so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I've heard good myself, this event organiser guy brought me and my mate out to have a look at the place and afterwards we were thinkin "we gotta go there". It looks the business, and they put on a good show too.

• Advertisement

As far as I remember they were checking people for alcohol... Didn't bother checking me cos my bag was so little not even one can would have fitted into it, but I think they checked the guys. The debs was great actually and if you're a smoker don't worry there's a big outside area you can go wander out into to smoke or get some fresh air or whatever. Ummm... I'm not really sure what to tell you about it though! If you have any questions that's fine but I'm really bad at knowing which bits people want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Well we're going over there in a week or two to get the place shown to us. Apparently Jury's & the Berkely Court etc. all kick you out at 3am or so, this is great because it's music until 5:30, then the plan is to wander back to our school and have the annual drunken rampage around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

what school are you from by the way, i've got mine in leopardstown aswell.

Advertisement