Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII - II Dirge of Cerberus!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

That looks ****ing amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sweet holy Moses! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah cut-scene-tastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

kinda looks like a fps or shoot-em-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

They really are milking FF7. Looks crap tbh. Doesn't capture the essence of the original at all. The battle system looks ****e too, this coming from a big fan of the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

there is a final fantasy forum you know.
    i cant wait for it, but its not the only sequel for it. theres also crisis core due out, and before crisis, which is a prequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm really not too sure about this one. Squareenix have lost their spark since Hironobu Sakaguchi left to form his own company with a load of ex-Squaresoft employees. They haven't released a good game since his last one, FFX (they only published Dragon Quest VIII and Star Ocean 3). I always thought that the FFVII universe should be left alone and the diabolical storyline of Advent Children only supports my views.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well seeing as its not really an rpg i think its different for a reason. gameplay looks rubbish. videos look cool .I have seen a video somewhere with loads more gameplay footage and it just looks really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Been following this, can't say I'm looking forward to it or anything, looks like just another cash-in on Final Fantasy. Before this trailer was even released you could buy Dirge of Cerberus merchandise! :confused:

Hated how Vincent was portrayed in Advent Children, like Spawn or something, hope they do him a bit more justice in this.

Actual ingame footage looks pretty average to be honest. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Advent Children really was a pile of piss wasn't it?

This looks to be no different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

What will those crazy orientals think of next..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

I allways hoped they would do a second one. Can't wait to play it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RopeDrink wrote:
    Milk it further with a 'Wipeout' style racing game with Cid as a Pilot?
    Something naff, anyway.

There was already the naff Chocobo racing on the PS1. I'd like to say that Square should stick to RPGs but their PS1 shmup Einhander was godly as well as their beat'em ups Tobal no. 1 and Bushido Blade. However they were Sakaguchi's babies as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

There was also a racing game based on a part of chrono trigger. I think it was just a demo or promotional thing or something, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

wasnt there also a final fantasy beatem'up? i remember looking at a box in game on grafton st (in its original form) & seeing cloud fight some randomer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

madrab wrote:
    wasnt there also a final fantasy beatem'up? i remember looking at a box in game on grafton st (in its original form) & seeing cloud fight some randomer
    Cloud made an apperence in th PS2 version of Soul Calibre II.
    As did Link in the GC version and Spawn in the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Advent Children really was a pile of piss wasn't it?

Totally, style of substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the only bit of advent children i liked was Omni Slash :p

but other than that it was a complete throw-away title. Dirge of Cerberus is going to suck some major sack flakes.

plus from what ive seen of FFXII (not X-II) its going to be a sucky RPG dating sim style peice of utter ****.

Cloud made an apperence in th PS2 version of Soul Calibre II.
    As did Link in the GC version and Spawn in the Xbox.

Cloud didn't appear in any version of SC2. PS2 got a crap character from tekken and xbox got Spawn.

There was a dreadful Squaresoft beat'em up with FF characters called Ehgeiz or something along those lines. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Cloud didn't appear in any version of SC2. PS2 got a crap character from tekken and xbox got Spawn.

There was a dreadful Squaresoft beat'em up with FF characters called Ehgeiz or something along those lines. Avoid like the plague.
    Screw you Retro, screw you.

• Advertisement

You can never better my vast databanks of useless videogame trivia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Advertisement