Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry to be such a newby butt..

Options
  • 13-11-2005 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

I need help getting the game online

First of all, let me say that I have no trouble playing any other PS2 games online, so theres no problem there.
    Now, i can get to the part where it says Testing network environment, and then theis comes up.

"Unable to transmit using UDP port 5730. You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device i.e. router settings etc. Assign DMZ, Port Mapping, Configure NAT Table and other router settings to the console. Individual products may use unique terminology."

Now, I know you guys'll say refer to dar83's post if this comes up, but the thing is, I cant access my PS2 Network Menu, mainly because I dont know where it is. I think I might not have it because I created an PS2 online account from another game, not by the network access disk. I am using Eircom Netopia if that helps.

Okay, cancel everything I just said up there, i didnt realize that the network menu is in the game and not in the actually PS2 menu. Now I just need a small bit of help. Could someone tell me where the setup/administration page is on my pc so i can finish it off?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Woops, thread title typo!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Depends on the router, www.portforward.com will have a list of routers with guides.
    ISp will also have it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

oi kdjac, or anyone else that can help. I won't be able to play ps2 Pro Ev 5 on a 1mb connection will I?

Just checking before I seriously delve into it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

oi kdjac, or anyone else that can help. I won't be able to play ps2 Pro Ev 5 on a 1mb connection will I?

Of course you will. :)

1mb broadband is more than enough to handle any online game, it's the upload that makes the real difference, as we're mostly stuck on 128kbps, which is more than a bit crap. But it is still sufficient one you don't have other people using the connection at the same time. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

dar83 wrote:
    Of course you will. :)

1mb broadband is more than enough to handle any online game, it's the upload that makes the real difference, as we're mostly stuck on 128kbps, which is more than a bit crap. But it is still sufficient one you don't have other people using the connection at the same time. ;)

sound. I'll go delving through the forum to find out anything else I need to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thank you Thank You Thank You! Im okay now, so I'll close this.

Advertisement