Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie memories

• 13-11-2005 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

One thing everyone has agreed on here, is how great a performer Eddie Guerrero has been. We all have great memories of him. Perhaps here, we should all post our favourite Eddie Guerrero moment(s).

For me, seeing himself and Benoit in the ring at the end of WM20 was simply amazing. So much genuine emotion both men were showing.

Another comedy moment was Judgment Day 2003 (i think), where himself and Benoit were in the final of a tournament for the US title. Eddies constant cheating was hilarious. One abiding memory is he is laid out flat to try and dupe the ref, but the ref is also down, Eddie opens open eye and raises the eyebrow, sees he is getting nowhere and his expression is just comical, almost like a cartoon.

And who can forget his prom with mamacita, Chyna?????

Thanks for the memories Eddie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

The Wrestlemania XX moment sticks in my mind too, because I was there to see it. Some of the promos he did with Chavo when they were teaming together were classics.

I hope WWE do the right thing and induct Eddie into the Hall of Fame next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

gimmick wrote:
    And who can forget his prom with mamacita, Chyna?????

yeah, i was on about that with someone this evening :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Definitely Wrestlemania 20's ending was the outstanding memory for me.

Also, No Way Out when he beat Brock Lesnar to win the WWE Title.

I also liked when he returned to El Paso, Texas as the US champion and he had a great back and forth promo with John Cena.

From a personal standpoint I saw him wrestle at The Point when he tagged with Rey agaisnt MNM and also at the RDS when he went one on one with Rey and his matches didn't disappoint.

He won't be forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/egvideomoments

Ive such a lump in my throat after wtaching these. I actually shed a few tears watching these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

My favourite memories of Eddie are mostly from 2002 on SD and last year when he won the title. He had some unreal matches back in 2002, that's when I became a huge fan of his. The skits he did with Chavo were brilliant! Anyone remember the one from when they were on the golf course? They were riding around in a golf cart smacking the balls around, and they thought the two guys were coming onto them, suggesting a foursome

I couldn't believe it when Eddie and Benoit were in the ring together at WMXX, it just hit me at that moment, maybe there is hope for WWE. They always seem to be doing things wrong, and it was so good when two of the best wrestlers in the world were in the ring at the biggest event of the year, both of them champions

His autobiography is out on December 20, btw. That's sure to be a sell out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

For me I can never forget when Eddie was celebrating at the end of the match with Benoit at WM20. It stands out the most.

I always remember when Eddie first came into the WWE with Benoit, Malenko, Saturn and that mullet,lol.

His time with Chyna too, and with Chavo as Los Guerreros!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The end of No Way Out 2004 after Eddie won the belt. Just amazing crowd reaction, Michael Cole's commentary is actually brilliant for a change.

And of course, him and Benoit at the end of WM XX. Brings a tear to the eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oooooooh

didnt realise the dvd had so many matches on it. i'll order it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

best memories...eddie vs brock lesnar at no mercy...heres that match....

http://rapidshare.de/files/2426866/No_Way_Out_2004_-_Brock_Lesnar_vs_Eddie_Guerrero__WWE_Championship_Match_.asf.html
    and of course him and benoit wm 20....

i, for the first time in i dunno how many years shed a few tears today after reading that he died...thank you for the years of entertainment you gave us eddie....
    rip....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just a little, but minor, note on Eddie's death. He's the second wrestler to have died while still on WWE'S books that apparently was going to win a title the day he died.

Owen Hart (The Blue Blazer) was apparently scheduled to defeat The Godfather for the Intercontinental Title the night he died. Obviously there has been strong rumours that Eddie was going to become champion tonight at the Smackdown taping.

Incredible wrestler, even bigger legacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

His ladder match with RVD for the IC title on Raw in '02 is a stand out match for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

D-FENS wrote:
    His ladder match with RVD for the IC title on Raw in '02 is a stand out match for me...

legend of a match!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

As said before WM20 was the best I've seen.

Slightly off topic, but just watched the press conference on wwe.com and whichever cameraman was doing it should be fired..the guy was walking all over the place and I couldn't hear half the questions that were asked.

Looking forward (just doesn't feel right using those words after whats happened) to seeing the tribute show tonigh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Besy Eddie Moment was the match he had against Dean Malenko just before he they left ECW.

That match should be shown to anyone who wants to wrestle as a blueprint to what it is all about.

I have never seen the ECW crowd react weel to last matches, they always chant sell out at whoever is leaving. That night Eddie got a standing Ovation and it was deserved.

Also, the last time the WWE were in the point, Eddie is the only person who really impressed me. Most of the guys gave the impression they did not want to be there, while Eddie just had fun and kept the crowd going.

He may have only held the belt once in WWE, but was the Champ to most us for a long time I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Someone else mentioned his Intercontinental title match vs RVD which was outstanding but the one match that sticks out in my head was a ladder match with Edge in the same year I think. Truly fabulous match but what match involving Eddie wasn't fabulous?

Best Eddie moment for me was No Way Out 2004 when he finally won his deserved WWE title. No one had a bigger smile on their face than me on that night!

Oh any Eddie tomfoolery be it low riders, lying, cheating, stealing...... absolute legend!

I'm sure there will be many more great Eddie moments we'll remember to be shown on RAW tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I forgot to mention Judgment Day when Eddie was against JBL with the Title on the line. Remember the amount of blood he lost in that match? All for the fans.

A great champion, a great man.

Advertisement