Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General problem(relationshipwise) I have no idea what to do about

• 13-11-2005 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok here it goes:

Im 20, female and go to college in the city centre. Recently I started a menial job in Tescos.Ive been with my current bf for over a year and I really do love him to bits, he's great but recently I've felt we jumped to quickly into a relationship (only knew him a month or two at the time) so now were more like best friends who have sex?
    Now, two months ago a new guy started at work, I didn't really notice nor talk to him much until we happened to be put working together when there was a rush on ( I work in a different section to him) We somehow got talking and to make a short story of it I now absolutely adore this guy, hes a few years older than me but I get palpatations nearly when he walks past, says my name or even smiles in my direction. I don't know if he feels the same way. I know he probably aesthetically fancies me (last gf works there and i think im slightly more attractive hehe) but i dont even know if he likes me likes me?!! I don't have his number, I think hes one of those guys who just CANT recognise signals women are sending to them that theyre interested!
    My problem is though, ive only known him a few months like the last time, and if i break up with my current bf who is also my best friend and who i spend most of my time with 24/7 on a whim i could end up being rejected by the new guy and hated by my boyfriend and left completely alone. I feel like im striving for passion but I know its not gonna happen with my current boyfriend..but I know if i lose him as a friend which I probably will I'll probably get severely depressed as i do sometimes and just not be able to handle anything. I know that sounds angsty and immature, but I'm just super emotional over things and Ive never seemed to be able to change that no matter how I try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Ive tried to talking to legions of my female friends from best friend and girls i hardly know but they havent said anytnhing other than 'ooh is he hot?' :/ argh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

just dont cheat on him, if you want to do something with this guy break up with your b/f first and you never know, this guy could just be friendly and you might end up looking like a fool. Also, you should think about his girlfriend, would you like it if your boyfriend cheated on you with someone you both work with? if it was me i wouldnt bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Yeah if you are interested in other people then you aren't satisfied with your relationship with your boyfriend, you're seeking something more so my advice is break up with him as soon as you can. There's no point stringing him on any further if you aren't satisfied with the relationship. It's not fair on him. Yes - You'll probably go through the usual depression/anxiety/etc associated with breakups but it usually clears up after a month or 2, and everyone goes through it at least once in life but it's not the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

you're just bored in your relationship, so you've started to let your gaurd down a little, and your mind wander...

Boredom dosen't = Dead relationship

I think you're being so unfair to your current bf by thinking like this...how ficle could you be? :) talk to him about your relationship and wanting to spice things up. Also, the best relationship you could possibly have is your best friend and bf/gf in one.

How would you feel though if you were still commited to your b/f of a year and a half, but he decided to throw it all away based on a brief infatuation with a girl he gets on with in work? Or even contemplating it!! Not great i'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Well, no matter what happens with the bloke in your job, you have to face it that it would seem like your relationship with your b/f is over. The longer you stay with him the harder it will be to keep him as a friend.

Do finish with him before trying to get with the bloke from your job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

You seem to be really dependent on your current boyfriend and I think you should sort that situation out first. You're 20 - please don't be dependent on your boyfriend and spending 24/7 with him! Do you see yourself spending 24/7 with him for the rest of your life?

>>but I know if i lose him as a friend which I probably will I'll probably get severely depressed as i do sometimes and just not be able to handle anything. I know that sounds angsty and immature, but I'm just super emotional over things and Ive never seemed to be able to change that no matter how I try.<<

You'll have to try harder. What you're saying is that you are unable to handle life - that's pretty serious. You're unable to have a life without your boyfriend! Hello? Do something about that pronto or else you will spend your whole life being dependent on various guys - who wants to start their adult life resigned to that? Get some help and if it doesn't work, try harder - it has to be work in progress. You have other friends don't you?

Try being without a boyfriend for a while or at least not being so dependent on one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement