Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callobrate No.2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

ohh i have a much better riff for around the 1 minute mark onwards... FACE MELT BASS :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Okay tab here!. Thats some rocking bass red, im adding it to the cubase track now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

legend!!! thanx beecher

Beecher wrote:
    Okay tab here!. Thats some rocking bass red, im adding it to the cubase track now :)

I ashamed i uploaded that, i have a MUCH Better riff - rocks harder imo! I dont have time to work on it tonight, i think the earliest i can do it is friday - but i will look at them tabs - that will definitly help me structure something alot more harder rockin!

Expect something on saturday from start to finish with (please god) good quality sound.. Ill do my best to get a good bass on loan to record it!

Or do you need it asap? Coz i have sh1t loads of college work to do

who says we only need one bass line :p

• Advertisement

lol

yea, screw the colab, im running the show now haha

Do you all like my song? :v:

red_ice wrote:
    Expect something on saturday from start to finish with (please god) good quality sound.. Ill do my best to get a good bass on loan to record it!

Or do you need it asap? Coz i have sh1t loads of college work to do

Dude im loving your riffs so far, its really chunked up the chorus etc. Take your time with it, sure I have to start my massive college project tommorrow so my time will also be compromised during weekdays :mad:

:v:

Beecher wrote:
    Dude im loving your riffs so far, its really chunked up the chorus etc. Take your time with it, sure I have to start my massive college project tommorrow so my time will also be compromised during weekdays :mad:

:v:

Haha thanks! I've always liked that style of guitar just never had a chance to play it coz i tend to play alot of qotsa, mark langegan, death from above 1979 and so on.. Im just glad i got my foot in the door soon enough, i really think that riff of yours has bucket loads of potential, i just hope i can do it some justice :v:

I really have a more driving riff for the 1 min area of your song, if i had a full day to work on it, the whole song would be made up of loads of different riffs, but im sure you want something a little more simple to show someone else how to play or something heh...

I know it doesnt sound right, but on the intro theres a hint of funk - i wanna bring some funk into the bass, but still keep it rockin!

How long did it take you to write that guitar riff? i think its the balls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

i am uploading my solo now but i have it with the track so u can tell me what u want before i post the wavs. I put bass on it just to match my riff but obviously can be taken off. There is a fair bit of bass eq on the track which is my bad, Just didnt allow for the error in my monitors. Its posting now so i will link it in a min

• Advertisement

solo is about half way through

Man thats absolutly savage! Send it all!!!!!!!!!!:v:

doesnt leave any room for other people really though in that solo. Will remove the bass and change some riffs if u want. Just brainstorm on it and see what u want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

sei046 wrote:
    solo is about half way through
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE now thats a ****ing solo

really missed my wah for that opening phrase and wasnt sure bout that tap (quiet bit). You can barely make out the left hand solo. Eq is miles off to beeches too so if you wanna take a different solo bud coz it wont be til wednesday before i get to fix all that stuff. That guitar sound is completely different to his, its really obvious

wow! Nice shred! :DD

Im gonna record my riff from start to finish, i have to hear it all together! That sounds amazing! you lads get mint sound quality, mine sounds pap :v:

You must fill me in on your secrets! ok, im recording........ now *shhhh*

urgh, took me 7 minz to upload that :v:

recorded it in 2 takes! woohoo! Still a rough bassline - i see sei in all his grace decided to leave his bassline in!!

I cant normalise this at all for some reason - heres the pooey bass on the track with the sei's face melt

http://rapidshare.de/files/7646091/riffshredbassdrum.mp3.html

sorry bud, i only stuck it in coz i added the riff. if u want to use that solo i will do it up right for ya and take out bass

sei046 wrote:
    That guitar sound is completely different to his, its really obvious

Sure I plan to re-record all my parts anyways, I should be able to match your tone in the re-record :)

i wouldnt go out of your way, its your project! i just wanted to get something down so hookd up an old zoom, dont have my h&k or anythin home with me. I would fire ahead and if u decide u want something somewhere just gimme a shout

• Advertisement

red ice... are you in tune? something sounds very off... and you sound invest in a compressor.. sontrol those really harsh highs.. and turn down the highs on your eq.. the bass under the UNBELIEVABLE lead section.. thats the kind of sound your lookin for

sei will you PLEEASE kick off colab 3 coz after hearing your solo and especially the part afterwards.. im just astounded like.. make it really heavy k :-)

there may be a tuning issue alright but its not unfixable. I didnt pend anytime at that bass sound. Just got it sitting there so it gave whoever wanted to do it the feel i was going for in the riffs

well i am gone all tomorro but i will knock somethin together during the week. I will spend sometime at it. Would love to get Beecher on this if he will coz i liked his riffery and feel for that colab. You get involved if i do one steob?

sei046 wrote:
    well i am gone all tomorro but i will knock somethin together during the week. I will spend sometime at it. Would love to get Beecher on this if he will coz i liked his riffery and feel for that colab. You get involved if i do one steob?
    defo.. its its real heavy i'll sing for it fur shur

right sure i will leave it open for vox so, not somethin i use to doing so will be a challenge! will try and spend the time to get the sounds rite coz on this colab and lundi's i didnt really get a chance. when beecher tells me what he wants i will do it up right for him.

sei046 wrote:
    right sure i will leave it open for vox so, not somethin i use to doing so will be a challenge! will try and spend the time to get the sounds rite coz on this colab and lundi's i didnt really get a chance. when beecher tells me what he wants i will do it up right for him.
    grand so... not really fond of how lundis is goin.. guess its just not my style...

sounds really good boys well done again i'll stick the thicker chorus and what if we had like a weird effect in the back of the solo at the point where it slows down???

Steoob wrote:
    red ice... are you in tune? something sounds very off... and you sound invest in a compressor.. sontrol those really harsh highs.. and turn down the highs on your eq.. the bass under the UNBELIEVABLE lead section.. thats the kind of sound your lookin for

Yea i am, as i said on the earlier posts the bass im using is really crappy! Its an old Encore that my mates brother doesnt use - the strings are a good 7 year old so they tune out pritty easy. The E string is in tune, but the A and D string kinda fall out after a few minz, it may not even be them out of tune, they just have no life in them at all.. They rattle to bits!

What will a compressor do for my recordign? Turn what highs down on what ew? How can i get that sound from my encore poo-bass? I just jacked it from the bass to my machine and hit record!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

any chance i could put something towards this? i can probably put something up this evening..

Advertisement