Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callobrate No.2

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

lads thats the mutts nuts. Boardstock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

LundiMardi wrote:
    any chance i could put something towards this? i can probably put something up this evening..

Would love if you did (im actually working on something non-guitar for yours atm).

Im gonna be swamped till Fri at least (various programming projects etc) so if everyone wants to upload all their pieces between now and the weekend as I plan to re-record the song in a much higher quality and incorporate as much as everyones stuff as possible :)

sei046 wrote:
    well i am gone all tomorro but i will knock somethin together during the week. I will spend sometime at it. Would love to get Beecher on this if he will coz i liked his riffery and feel for that colab. You get involved if i do one steob?

Go for it man, im in (and this time I get a solo :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

ok beecher, here is a VERY rough take... i didn't really stray too much off your own riff to be honest..

If you like it i can spend some proper time on it and do it right, this was only a couple of takes really. it's ok i guess.. meh, i'm sure i'll listen to it again in 30 mins and realise it's ****e

http://rapidshare.de/files/7681710/beech2lundi.htm.mp3.html

sounds like i accidentally cut off the start of the track,,, my bit is about 45 secs in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

red, i was using a squier p bass on that track. its just down to eq. i didnt even use a compresser. Mind u its a pretty rubbish bass sound but it has bass in it. Its just eq was your main problem and seemingly intonation

LundiMardi wrote:
    sounds like i accidentally cut off the start of the track,,, my bit is about 45 secs in.
    btw i like it lundi. Nice work on that solo. Great guitar sound in a particular lick

Chees Sei.. it actually doesn't sound as bad as i thought it would once i gave it time..

cheese is right lundi. Well we both cant do it so i put forward that we us yours on this project coz i did somethin on yours. Or we can go half and half on it and split the solo but we gotta decide on a riff to solo over if so. Its up to beecher really!

well beecher can make the decision, mine could be the wrong kind of thing he's looking for, and likewise with your own,, besides it's his track so......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i like em both guys i think both should go in cos both suit the tune spot on...but it is beechers baby so he can decide

thats it. i didnt spend much time on my phrasing and there are some bum notes and bad passage decisions! will leave it up to beech what way he wants to go. i must get ya sumthin decent for yours Lundi. You have anythin mixed?

no nothing as yet.. not many people seem to be doing much with mine:( *tear* maybe i'll stick up something rockier.. i only put that up as a basic backing track, i guess i should have put more thought into it or something:confused:

no lundi yours was perfect. Nice and basic which is just what we needed. If this board becomes all metally its gonna get real boring! anyway the whole point is people can get collaboratin' on all different types of styles, with some time i could have done somethin nice with your track. I wouldn go rockier yet, just stick up what ya want so it keeps it interesting. I am gonna do a metal one for steeob to sing on and Beecher to riff on and solo at some stage so if u wanna come on to that one you can get some heavy stuff out

cool and the gang.. sounds good!

i just listened to your track with my stuff in it and it reminds me of pink floyd for some reason! there is one lick in particular that reminds me of gilmour over them chords. Will be a great track if you start pieceing it together and give me somethin in particular to do instead of whole track! i suppose this should be discussed on your thread! we need mods....

over to my thread we go

Hey guys, sorry about disapearing on this track, I had a family emergency which meant a break from recording and then there was an emergency format of my PC where I lost everything I hadnt backed up (I only did monthly backups, ive learned now) so all recordings of this track and the cubase track are gone :( . But I think from this experience I kinda have a better idea of how people are interested in collaborating instrument wise and when my Lexicon Omega arrives ill put together a new song that should better suit an online collaboration, probably a dream theater/liquid tension style instrumental track. Thanks for everyone who put their time and effort into this.

ah sure this stuff happens. sure i am STILL gettin around to doing wo tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

hey i know its 2 years later haha but does anyone still have the track of this coz i want to hear that solo again i was just thinking about how good it was there but all the links are dead... do you have it sei046?

EDIT: i just found it saved onto my computer... its as good as i remember haha i'll put it up if anyone wants to hear it

• Advertisement

Hey man, What solo is this?

Advertisement