Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running business alongside full time job

Options
  • 13-11-2005 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I recently setup a company (Ltd), and I am 100% shareholder and one of directors. However, for now I am not employed in this company, neither I am getting any money out of it. I have still full time job with other company and they pay my PAYE and PRSI.

Could anybody please give me an advice me (or point me to relevant source) what kind of tax returns, if any, I (as an individual) have to fill.

Do I have to be employed in the company I am director of?

Thanks
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wacko_Jacko

mark71 wrote:
    Hi,

I recently setup a company (Ltd), and I am 100% shareholder and one of directors. However, for now I am not employed in this company, neither I am getting any money out of it. I have still full time job with other company and they pay my PAYE and PRSI.

Could anybody please give me an advice me (or point me to relevant source) what kind of tax returns, if any, I (as an individual) have to fill.

Thanks
    Mark

Eh why did you set up a company if you don't know what your legal obligations are with regards to filing tax returns? You've to file 6 months after formation and annually thereafter otherwise you'll get in to lots of trouble.

Anyway, you'll find all the info you need at www.cro.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mark71

Eh why did you set up a company if you don't know what your legal obligations are with regards to filing tax returns? You've to file 6 months after formation and annually thereafter otherwise you'll get in to lots of trouble.

I guess you are talking about Annual Return, but that's not what I asked for. I am aware of all my legal obligations as a company director.

My question was whether I have to be employed in a company I am director of, if I already have a full time job with other company. I believe I don't, and then my question is whether I have to file any additional tax returns as an individul.

Please note that I don't have any income from my new company, and my current employer pays my PAYE and PRSI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

thats not your tax returns, you file tax returns with the revenue not cro
    mark71 wrote:
    I am aware of all my legal obligations as a company director.
    except
    no

whether I have to file any additional tax returns as an individul.
    no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

madramor wrote:
    whether I have to file any additional tax returns as an individul.
    no

He has to file a Form 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mark71

He has to file a Form 12.

Thanks Keyser, that's the answer I was looking for.

I've got confused with the Form 11 which is for self-assestment individuals, and didn't realised there is a form for PAYE individuals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement