Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuxedo's

• 14-11-2005 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Does anyone have a good idea where to buy a tux in dublin, and a ball park for the price? I dont got a lot of money, being a student and all, so Armani is out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Marks & Spencers do really decent tuxs for a reasonable price and come with a machine bag so you can wash it. Saves lots of money on dry cleaners.

Price was around €150 I THINK.

Cheaper than blacktie iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Louis Copeland ones are usually only around 500e - considering the price of rentals and the joys of looking good its an option you should consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

yeah, never rent.

Didn't know how much use I'd get out of my tux. Worn it about 7 times now and probably 8 by this Saturday.

Nothing beats lashing on the tux. Be willing to spend money on it because you shouldn't grow out of it unless you get fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If money is a major issue and you want to buy one cos you'll wear it a fair bit, you can try some of the charity shops, they generally get passed the tux's that Blacktie etc don't want anymore.

Other than that I think I say Burton selling them awhile back and they offer a student discout.

But tuxedo's like all suit's fit and look better the more you spend, so don't be afraid to push the boat out.

Advertisement