Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attachment types

Options
  • 14-11-2005 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Just a suggestion - I've never included attachments myself but the list of allowed ones includes MS filetypes but no Open filetypes. Considering the rising number of people using Open Office and suchlike shouldn't they be allowed as valid attachments?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

zip'em up

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Such as? I didn't think Open office had its own proprietary extensions. .rtf isn't great for long documents, but IMO, if you want to attach a document, you should convert it to PDF for all-round compatibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I agree with the pdf upload but OO does use Open filetypes - osd for documents for example. The point is that if you allow MS filetypes you should allow alternatives imo. (They're not proprietary btw - they're open. I think the latest version of Star office uses the same ones).

Or only allow open filetypes such as pdf/jpg/png etc. I'd never open an MS Office doc from a forum such as this one personally anyway. OO has built in PDf conversion so it's not a real issue just a suggestion.

Advertisement