Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really Need Advice

• 14-11-2005 3:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok, as u may have noticed, there are a lot of threads bout ppl considering breaking up, going on breaks or stayin together. well, i chose the break up option. this a good while ago now though!

my problem is that my ex is now moving to the UK in a month forever. the reason this is a problem is because she is the love of my life! Thats stupid u may say, especially coz i ended the relationship, and i would agree with you, i am an IDIOT! i broke up with her coz i wanted to experience the world and other women and im too young to settle down blah blah blah!

I love this girl. i cant stop thinking about how i want her. Not sexually, but her soul, as such! i dont just wanna f**k her, in fact, i havent even been thinkin that way. i want her personality, company, soul, just HER!

Like i said, shes moving to the UK, and i'm considering my options. I'm almost positive she's over me. also, that she doesnt wanna get back together at the moment (as do i, im still on that f**king "experience other women trip"), but the future is still uncertain on both our parts.

Lets recap, love of my life who i dumped moving to UK in a month. No chance of getting back together in near future (ill hazard a guess of a year at least). Still good friends. Live close by. I always figured i'd marry her. I now regret dumpin her, wishing now we went on a break. we were each others first loves.

Do I ask to have a one on one night before she goes so i can air my feelings?
    I still keep in touch with all friends and exes coz im just the sort of person that cannot let any part of my past die ie friendships, exes, even baby clothes, but shes used to moving and has no friends from her childhood, so it seems she's better off than me with the whole moving away forever, even though we're still good friends! so i say again,

Should I ask to have a one-on-one night before she goes so we can air our feelings?

thanks for your help. im pure gutted!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

The saying "you can't have your cake & eat it" springs to mind.

You want her to hang around so you don't feel lonely, but you want to shag other people??????

If you love her as much as you say, let her go, she deserves better (from what you've said)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rambler

Move on Man, some things in life you need to let go off, maybe you should look at your own life, move off to someplace new, experience some of the world. You are cut up, well they say the first cut is the deepest. Move on if in that year she is still single and you are feeling same way then have that chat then you both know what both really want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yup - you want to eat your cake and have it.

...Good luck with that.

I guess if you really did love her, you wouldn't want leave her to be with other people. ...but what do I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Zulu wrote:
    I guess if you really did love her, you wouldn't want leave her to be with other people. ...but what do I know.

Agreed. If you really felt that way about her, the thought of her being with someone else should probably have been enough to put you off breaking up with her. Are you looking back at things through rose tinted glasses now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was actually thinkin bout the rose tinted glasses thing, i wasnt happy when we were together for the sole reason that i felt i was missin out. i know I'll feel like that again, not just wit her, but wit any girl, hence why i dont wanna get into a relationship for the next while! I know we wont get back together in the short term. if we were never together, i would still miss her immensely when she goes coz i do like her! its also possible that the only reason i wanna get back together is to stop other fellas from gettin her! i havent been able to think straight bout this for a while! we were apart from april til september and i was relatively fine. i started to miss her immensely near the end of the summer. i was txtin her last night bout it. i dunno wat to think. maybe i just need to find another girl. as of yet, i havent met a single female who was anyway near her. maybe once i just find this new girl, ill be fine. but at the moment i dunno!

so like i sed in the OP, from experience, has anyone dealt wit the whole "one-on-one private talk before she goes" thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

EX#34646 wrote:

Should I ask to have a one-on-one night before she goes so we can air our feelings?!

NO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

EX#34646 wrote:
    so like i sed in the OP, from experience, has anyone dealt wit the whole "one-on-one private talk before she goes" thing?
    How old are you?
    I've had "the talk" before, but I've a feeling we were in a different place to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Just leave it be, leave the girl alone and dont be playing with her head (again), she obviously is not the love of you life- just a girl who you clicked with and who's company you miss,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

You broke up with her because you wanted to be with other people.
    The exact same reason my ex gave me.
    And to be honest, if he was to turn around and tell me he wanted to get back with me, I'd laugh in his face.
    This girl deserves better. You just want to have everything your way.
    I'm sorry but she might not want to be second best, knowing she's only hanging around until you have another bout of wanting other women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Nala wrote:
    You broke up with her because you wanted to be with other people.
    The exact same reason my ex gave me.
    And to be honest, if he was to turn around and tell me he wanted to get back with me, I'd laugh in his face.
    This girl deserves better. You just want to have everything your way.
    I'm sorry but she might not want to be second best, knowing she's only hanging around until you have another bout of wanting other women.

^^ good advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

I just got this as an email another silly chain thing but i think many ppl can identify with a few things! Im having some love life troubles too and i stood back nd now know what im doin....

What Actually Love Is

Why do we close our eyes when we sleep? When we cry?
    When we imagine? When we kiss?
    This is because the most beautiful things in
    the world are unseen.

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird
    and when we find someone whose weirdness
    is compatible with ours,
    we join up with them and fall in
    mutual weirdness and call it love.

There are things that we never want to let go of,
    people we never want to leave behind,
    but keep in mind that letting go isn't the end of the
    world,
    it's the beginning of a new life.

Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt,
    those who have searched and those who have tried.
    For only they can appreciate the importance of the
    people
    who have touched their lives.

A great love? It's when you shed tears and still
    you care for him,
    it's when he ignores you and still you long for him.
    It's when he begins to love another and yet you still
    smile
    and say I'm happy for you.

If love fails, set yourself free,
    let your heart spread its wings and fly again.
    Remember you may find love and lose it, but when love
    dies,
    you never have to die with it.

The strongest people are not those who always win
    but those who stand back up when they fall.

Somehow along the course of life,
    you learn about yourself and realize
    there should never be regrets,
    only a lifelong appreciation of the choices you've
    made.

A true friend understands when you say, I forgot,
    waits forever when you say, just a minute,
    stays when you say leave me alone,
    opens the door even before you knock and says can I
    come in?

Loving is not how you forget but how you forgive,
    not how you listen but how you understand,
    not what you see but how you feel,
    and not how you let go but how you hold on.

It's more dangerous to weep inwardly rather than
    outwardly.
    Outward tears can be wiped away while secret tears
    scar forever.

In love, very rarely do we win
    but when love is true, even if you lose,
    you still win just for having the tingle of loving
    someone
    more than you love yourself.

There comes a time when we have to stop loving someone
    not because that person has stopped loving us
    but because we have found out
    that they'd be happier if we let go.

It's best to wait for the one you want than settle for
    one that's available.
    Best to wait for the one you love than one who is
    around.
    Best to wait for the right one
    because life is too short to waste on just someone.

Sometimes the one you love turns out to be the one who
    hurts you the most,
    and sometimes the friend who takes you into his arms
    and cries when you cry
    turns out to be the love you never knew you wanted.

If you really love someone never let go,
    don't believe that letting go means that you love
    best,
    instead fight for your love,
    that's what true love is.

Laugh to your heart's content; you cannot go
    through life without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Be with other women until you sort out exactly what you want.

She is going to the UK, not Mars.

But if the times comes that you decide you want to settle down with her again, prepare yourself for the possibility of rejection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

EX#34646 wrote:
    its also possible that the only reason i wanna get back together is to stop other fellas from gettin her!

Ah! The old "dog in the manger" syndrome...
    You know, you should move on. You were apart for about 5 months and did fine without her. Now you'll be many miles apart and do just as well.
    You don't need a one to one talk, you need to go cold turkey and put your mind on other things. Somewhere there's a quotation that says, "Protect me from what I want". That's your fortune cookie for today.

Advertisement