Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending files between mobiles via bluetooth

• 14-11-2005 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Hi,

At the weekend, a friend who has a Sharp CX25 tried to send me a file by bluetooth to my Motorola V500. Her phone was able to connect to mine but *always* failed during the transfer of the 25k file (an animated .gif) - I'd get a connection failure half / two-thirds through it. When trying to send a picture from my V500 to a V550, I also was unsuccessful.

However, if I try sending pictures from my V500 to my PDA or from my PC to my V500, I never seem to have any problems. Is there some limitation in the bluetooth setup on mobile phones to prevent beaming from one phone to another?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I've seen it fail too often.. especially, if you locate the file and choose to send (As opposed to pairing properly first, then transferring.)
    Pair the devices. Then, check what services are offered (OBEX,etc.) on each phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Karoma wrote:
    I've seen it fail too often.. especially, if you locate the file and choose to send (As opposed to pairing properly first, then transferring.)
    Pair the devices. Then, check what services are offered (OBEX,etc.) on each phone.

That's exactly what was happening to me - I was trying to send the file from one phone to another by 'searching for devices' and then sending the file (without pairing the phones first). Bring back IR! :D

Advertisement