Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I change from SPD to SPD-SL

Options
  • 14-11-2005 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭

Influenced by a thread about pedals and shoes, and especially Quigs Snr's post, I am thinking of changing the SPD pedals on my road bike to SPD-SL type. I'll get new shoes at the same time (will leave SPD cleats on current mtn bike shoes for use with my mtn bike).

My SPDs are double sided so they are easy to get into. The SL style is single sided. Are they balanced to be the right way up?

On the SPDs, even though I have the cleats as far forward as I can, they feel as if they are further back than I would position my foot if I was using regular pedals. Are SLs more forward? Should I expect better power transfer?

Anyone use both styles? Any comments/recommendations/gripes?

Advertisement