Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PC] Graphical glitches !?

Options
  • 14-11-2005 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Ok so I love the pes series and pes5 is really growing on me.

However, whats up with Rooney, Owen et al... having a receding hairline !?
    It seems any players with a tight hair cut look like they are 50+ !

Also, the international kits. The numbers/flags on the front are there in replays & set peices but disappear during action.

Is this just my GPU or is everyone seeing this ? Anyone NOT seeing this on the PC version ?
    If I remember correctly, these problems were in PES4 also.

Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I think the same thing happens with me. I'll double check when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Has anyone noticed in the replay the numbers seem to be hovering off the jersey at a certain angle ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What card and settings are you plaing on?

9800XT on 1280*960 and high and plays fine, hairlines are something i dont really notice tho.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

screen grabs
    screen grabs
    screnn grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Has anyone noticed in the replay the numbers seem to be hovering off the jersey at a certain angle ?

Havent noticed the hairline thingie... or crests going on replays, but the above I have seen.
    It's only very slight thought..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

KdjaC wrote:
    What card and settings are you plaing on?

9800XT on 1280*960 and high and plays fine, hairlines are something i dont really notice tho.

kdjac

6600GT all high. Runs great.
    Watched out for it again last night....
    Default International teams/jersey should have a) flag on jersey & b) number on front.
    During replays all is fine but during play both the number and crest/flag are missing. Was the exact same with PES4 but I had a Radeon 9600xt then :confused:

Maybe I should play around with AA/AF ?

Ok...messaed around with AA/AF and no luck.

Rooney (and anyone with tight hair cut) still has the bald look, well more of a combover :rolleyes:

I installed the latest nvidia drivers also. I give up.
    Game still looks good at 1280x1024 and with the new chants installed and nice new kits also it plays sweet ;)

i noticed the crest/numbers thing also... it only happens if the player is far away enough.
    This is clearly evident in a free kick setup... you can see players in the foreground are fine, the the middle and background players are just plain colours with no numbers.
    Never really noticed before, so it's nothing much for me tbh.... the "no crowd" issues annoys me more :p

The 'no crowd' thing sure is crap although when you do see the crowd (in replays)and the quality? of the animation etc... you sometimes wish you couldn't see the crowd !!

Maybe Konami will release a patch at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

brianon wrote:
    The 'no crowd' thing sure is crap although when you do see the crowd (in replays)and the quality? of the animation etc... you sometimes wish you couldn't see the crowd !!

At that moment im going "IN YOUR FACE" to the monitor or someone sitting beside me. Honestly i dont give a crap about the crowd, the camera view i use i never even notice them.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    At that moment im going "IN YOUR FACE" to the monitor or someone sitting beside me. Honestly i dont give a crap about the crowd, the camera view i use i never even notice them.

kdjac

Yeah, its not that big a deal but would be nice a nice fix :)

brianon wrote:
    Yeah, its not that big a deal but would be nice a nice fix :)
    I've seen a fix for the Stamford Bridge crowd done... perhaps the bigger patches will include generic crowd for all other stadia.

cool. Hopefully a wolf mega patch will include all the best bits n' pieces from all these kit/stadium/ball/crowd/etc.. etc.. packages :)

Advertisement