Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space station visible over Ireland this week

Options
  • 14-11-2005 10:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

From UTV:
    "The most expensive object ever built - the International Space station - is visible over Ireland this week. The station can be seen for about a minute each evening from now until November 20.

Any more info on this?

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Check out www.heavens-above.com for accurate FREE listings according to your area. The ISS can be seen twice each evening until Nov. 20th. It will be back again from Dec 1st as an early morning object, seen twice each day.

It will just look like a steady bright star moving from the west to the southeast.

Seanie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Check Heavens Above alright. It is a nice sight to see. I've often seen it. As Seanie says, it is like a bright star passing through the sky, taking a few minutes to do so. There'll be no flashing lights like a plane and it will disappear fairly quickly as it no longer reflects the light of the Sun. So get on to Heavens Above and get your local times and then get outside and have a look. While you are there have a look at Mars and the Moon and not forgetting the Leonids meteor shower. Lots to see, so let's hope the one thing we don't see is cloud! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Aye, I see satellites all the time, I guess this is just going to be brighter :)
    oh, damn clouds...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, it is much brighter. I've often checked Heavens-Above to get times to see it, but on a few occasions I just happened to be looking out of the window when it happened to pass, and it is unmistakeable. Report back on your impressions when you do see it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement