Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ SHADOW - Remember him?

• 14-11-2005 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey, I was djing last night in town and this guy starts talkin to me claiming that he's dj shadow - so first off I'm sayin no way - you were my hero type thing. Then he kinda trails off and over the next few hours leaves me with the impression that he may never have actually owned a set of earphones let alone be a dj.. he kept insisting that he was giggin down in galway tonight and on the 23rd of dec.

If anyone could help with contradictory info or a description of him - age, appearance etc. Its annoyin me that it could be him, or just some chancer who was lookin for a chinwag parter..:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

Sounds like a complete chancer. DJ shadow is Josh Davis, an American from San Francisco. Picture of him here - http://www.alwaysontherun.net/djshadow.htm

He played two sold out shows in the Ambasador about 3 years ago. I'd say if he was gigging around here you would hear about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Was there not some old cheese knack dj called Dj Shadow that was around about 10 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I was only thinking of DJ Shadow today and wondering why the hell don't I own Endtroducing (they were playing it in Tower)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

base2 wrote:
    Was there not some old cheese knack dj called Dj Shadow that was around about 10 years ago?

Was probably thinking of him myself - knew a guy in Bristol who tried to pass himself of as Sasha once - We had a good giggle with him before putting him out of his misery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

John2 wrote:
    I was only thinking of DJ Shadow today and wondering why the hell don't I own Endtroducing (they were playing it in Tower)

I don't know why you don't either. Everyone should own a copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Silverfish wrote:
    I don't know why you don't either. Everyone should own a copy.

Next record buying excursion I'm going to rectify the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭philius

John2 wrote:

typical tower, their finger is always on the pulse:D

still, DJ Shadow never really went away.

Hes very active in terms of side projects and that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

How sad and pathetic is that pretending to be a dj :rolleyes: DJ Shadow is the business i don't care if he looks nerdish :D

Advertisement