Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ SHADOW - Remember him?!

Options
  • 14-11-2005 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey, I was djing last night in town and this guy starts talkin to me claiming that he's dj shadow - so first off I'm sayin no way - you were my hero type thing. Then he kinda trails off and over the next few hours leaves me with the impression that he may never have actually owned a set of earphones let alone be a dj.. he kept insisting that he was giggin down in galway tonight and on the 23rd of dec.

If anyone could help with contradictory info or a description of him - age, appearance etc. Its annoyin me that it could be him, or just some chancer who was lookin for a chinwag parter..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Here is a pic of him. Might help.

His real name is Josh Davis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

"Who knows what records lurk in the collections of men? The Shadow knows!"

Seriously tho how a could a DJ-type-guy be your 'hero type thing' without you having an idea what he looked like?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

If you were Dj Shadow would you go around showing off that you were actually DJ Shadow? I think not.

He doesn't have to 'go showing off'. Google image search readily shows you what DJShadow looks like and I'm sure (as is the case with the vast majority of people) if one was 'my hero type thing' one would at least like to know what that person looked like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Pigman II wrote:
    He doesn't have to 'go showing off'. Google image search readily shows you what DJShadow looks like and I'm sure (as is the case with the vast majority of people) if one was 'my hero type thing' one would at least like to know what that person looked like.
    Not neccesarily, theres still a fair few number of acts that I am into that I still have no clue what they look like. Even less so with DJ's as they are ususally hideen in a dark booth spinnin the vinyl instead of bouncing around stage

• Advertisement

Ya Pigman II, you're my hero and I have no idea what you look like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I don't think DJ Shadow is playing in Galway tonight. Haven't heard anything about it at all.

I very very much doubt that it was him. Especially if he didn't seem to know anything about being a DJ.

Did this dude look kind of like Avid Merrion? Cause that's what DJ Shadow looks like when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭dahooligan

sorry guys, I should have pointed out that I'm talkin about an Irish guy not the uk's dj shadow (I know him etc). This (irish) shadow used to bring out hard house mix tapes with ken o'flanagan and mark kavanagh and alan pullen etc back in '98 to '02 era - when hard house was the biz

Ya Pigman II, you're my hero and I have no idea what you look like.

Nah I don't believe that. Any fan of mine would have gone to the bother of finding out. Otherwise I have to deem them unworthy of my heroism.

dahooligan wrote:
    sorry guys, I should have pointed out that I'm talkin about an Irish guy not the uk's dj shadow (I know him etc). This (irish) shadow used to bring out hard house mix tapes with ken o'flanagan and mark kavanagh and alan pullen etc back in '98 to '02 era - when hard house was the biz
    worms everywhere.

I tells ya THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE DJ SHADOW, and he is American.

/looses interest in thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dahooligan wrote:
    - when hard house was the biz

This thread has encountered a paradox and needs to close.

Advertisement