Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

just a quick question....

Options
  • 14-11-2005 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

The battery has died in my car. Its still under Used Car Warranty but Are Barrerys covered in the warrenty?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

To know the actual answer you'd be best to read the warranty and it's terms and conditions or contact the vendor directly. I'd imagine they'll tell you the battery is excluded but you won't know 'til you ask. Just complain loads and you never know - they might score you one for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

battery is down as consumable in my book (depending on age of car)..
    for the hassle of getting into a conversation with your dealer, best buy one - €30-€40 approx will see you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Generally, batteries are not covered. Only way it woud be if it as a brand new car and you had only a few thousand miles on it. Otherwise, spend the €25 and get a new battery!

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Where can you get a new car battery for €25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Maybe it's a radio contolled car!
    I'd say around min €50 for a Bosch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I bought two batteries in Halfords not long ago...65 Euro each. They are the maintenance free ones, though, and I think they have a three-year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lindilo wrote:
    The battery has died in my car. Its still under Used Car Warranty but Are Barrerys covered in the warrenty?

Batteries are not covered under the used car warranty. Batteries, bulbs, tyres, etc are all classed as consumables which are not ususally covered under warranty.

A standard replacement car battery usually comes with a 12 month warranty from date of purchase, your looking at around €50 for a new one. Most tyre centres stock them.

They can last 12 months or 5 years depending how lucky you are, same as a light bulb. My father's last car had the original battery for over 5 years, I got about 2 years out of my last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I got a replacement battery for a mate about 2 years ago in the local motor factors for €35!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lindilo

So here's how the storey ends....(is that a song??:confused: )
    chanced my arm and rang the garage and they said it was covered. Had a new battery by lunch today.
    Thanks for all yer replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Got one in Tullamore for €28 with a green l.e.d. indicator, indicating its still 'live'.

Advertisement