Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver H10 20gb vs 6gb

• 14-11-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    Does any one have the 20gb version of the H10?

From what i can see there's very little difference between the 2 different size players.
    The 20gb is heavier and doesn't have an removable battery - is there anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So far there's no UMS firmware for the 20gb whereas there is for the 5gb and 6gb versions, indicating that the firmware is subtly different. They share MTS firmware as of the latest version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i understand the words - but huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Is the 20 and 6 gig bot the same size (dimension wise)?
    UMS is tha you need software to put files on it, i think (prob wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Interestingly - iRiver players have traditionally supported ogg vorbis playback but I can't see this on the spec sheets for the H10 (6GB anyway).

Does anyone know if these things can actually play ogg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Unfortunately the H10s can't play OGGs. All other iRivers can though. The reason is the H10 is based on the same chipset as the 4th generation iPods (some kind of PortalPlayer chipset) and it's not cut out for playing Vorbis. I think iRiver might be working on AAC capable firmware for the H10 though.
    Micr0 wrote:
    i understand the words - but huh?

UMS firmware means your H10 gets picked up like USB key in Windows, so you can just drag and drop files and use it like a hard drive.

MTS firmware means you need Windows Media Player 10 to transfer files.

• Advertisement
Advertisement