Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorillaz MTV clip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they are cartoons. the 4 cartoon people were on a screen at the back of the stage. 2 rapping guys are only on that song i think. it was very well done i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mossy Monk wrote:
    they are cartoons.

I must work out which combination of emoticons represents irony one of these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Thought that was quality.

Did I hear something before about some sort of holograms they were going to use for their upcoming tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

That was excellent. Wonder how long it took the animators to get the lip and instrument syncing right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Mossy Monk wrote:
    2 rapping guys are only on that song i think.

Um, they are De La Soul. Seems to be a colaboration as they have been on all their hits AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Just watched the clip... Pretty cool. Think they should make the music feel a bit more spontaneous (ie live) sounding.

Its some sort of projection (notice how dark the stage is lit). Hologram technology wouldnt be able to cut it (yet)... Nice mixture of live people with the animated characters.

Wonder how well a whole live show would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Wasn't holograms, just a projection from the ceiling onto some flat screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Just found this article which sheds some light on the technique used...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

TimAy wrote:
    Um, they are De La Soul. Seems to be a colaboration as they have been on all their hits AFAIK.

No, just on Feel Good Inc.
    Del the Funkey Homosapien on Clint Eastwood (Gorillaz, first single)
    Miho Hatori on 19-2000 (Gorillaz, second single)
    Shaun Ryder on Dare (Demon Days, last single)
    Bootie Brown (The Pharcyde) on Dirty Harry (Demon Days, current single)
    MF Doom on November Has Come (Demon Days, not released as single (yet))
    Roots Manuva on All Alone (Demon Days, not released as single (yet))

It's a bit of a pain the way they never list the featuring artists on their albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I know that they say it is not holographic, but it really is depending on your definition of hologram. My definition is that a hologram is 3D projected image. A true hologram uses lasers. Mono holographics are expensive but colour holography is even more expensive due to the expense of blue lasers. The Victorian mirror trick produces 3D-like projections and I would class them as holograms as they appear 3D. Remember holograms can also be those nice looking stickers on your credit card or Windwoes CDs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement