Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Fun

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sniper220

Emmm
    Some interesting stuff going on here:D :D

Has anyone tried sniper golf??
    get a golf ball spray paint it a bright yellow or orange get some super glue and stick some twine to the ball leave about five foot and tie it from a branch of a tree and try hit it at say 200yd :) you would be suprised how small it is and its hard to hit but when its hit KAboom!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Have actually found that the "shooting squares" game is a bit more useful from the training point of view. From those that don't know it, you sight on the aiming mark, and then have to shoot the four corners of a square by moving your sights instead of your aimpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

true,Jaycee.But all I was pointing out is that there is free info out there to do things better,wether it is legal or no.

Ok... Fair point CG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

gota get me a golfball tree mightn't be a great idea because you'd want a very high backstop or be on a hill but sounds deadly fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sniper220

Hello all
    I was reading what Psittacosis was saying yesterday about catching bullets by putting three 2ltr bottles down a pipe and fireing at them. T said id try it last night:) Well it didnt work fired a swift at it last night and Holy F**k i think i should have used well say 20 bottles insted of 3 !! and a steel pipe insted of wavin:D :D:D

• Advertisement

050920050129no.jpg
    yea you could try doing it into a plastic barrel but its gonna get mashed off the barrel

above is the ones i recovered the difference between the 2 bullets is the left is 37years old which my father used when he was my age and the right is my ones and an empty casing the recovered ones the left was shot as described and the right was shot into a thing of about 30 cd's i got them free off the net dont ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

old_thread.gif

Made an interesting discovery today: fodder beet explodes nicely when shot with ballistic tipped ammo in the .223 :D

Instant pulp! :eek:
    (a bit expensive though)

Just watch the backstop. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭scout

can you get tracers in .22lr :?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Eley and RWS made 22lr tracers at different stages, some dealers probably have a few boxes left, worth ringing around to see.

forgive my naiveness but what are tracers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There bullets with phosphorus tips that burn as they travel so that they can been seen (esp in the dark/dusk).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracer_ammunition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭jeffshc1

Oh hell, never mind.

I think the tracers available on the civilian market are the ones with the flare material in the base, rather than at the tip of the projectile.
    The white phosphorus tipped stuff is getting on for incendiary ammunition.

I have the remnants of a box of RWS .22LR tracer I bought in Watt's Bros back sometime in the '80s. I'm sorry I didn't buy more at the time, as I haven't seen it anywhere since. :(

I keep seeing ads for it in various magazines, but the idea of putting that down the barrel of an Anschutz 2013 just makes me shudder :D

Our rifles have the flame thing going for them anyway!! No tracers needed!

Indeed - more cleaning required!

They're talking about tracers over on The High Road-
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=179990

Advertisement