Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Module enrollment not working :'(

Options
  • 14-11-2005 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

i'm supposed to be able to change my semester 2 modules from 12:00 pm... that was 3 minutes ago!!! 3 minutes!

(also, any first years in perspectives on film II, can you tell me what times & days the lectures and screenings are on for that?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

still not up. and its 20 past ....tut tut...

anybody like to reccommend a nice elective for me to do that has a relatively easy workload and is somewhat interesting???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

i'd recommend film studies..but i'm trying to get into that. so don't do it til i do.. umm... easy workload.. *ponders*. Nothing i'm doing really... maybe up a previous elective to a minor? electives seem a bit pointless...

i just had a friend buy me credit so i could call the first year helpdesk but i've only one bar of battery... wanna call them and ask? 01 716 1555 (i'll buy you a pony...)

(edit: "has anybody read this" test)

(edit: yes...someone has)

(edit the third: ****ers... it rang out. Stupid ****ing c*** **** damn **** grrr.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

Bye bye Information Studies. *sits back and sips drink*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I've heard Film Studies compromises of 500 word summaries or something crazy easy like that but dunno if you had to have done it in semester one to do it in semester 2.

Again if anyone (from any year or any course) can recommend a module that is defined as ''piss easy'' please speak up now...... I'm not looking forward to more archaeology is semester 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Film Studies is full I think. It's great though, you really missed the boat there :)

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    Film Studies is full I think. It's great though, you really missed the boat there :)

Just like with Info Studies last year.... what goes around comes around!

Actually come to think of it they did say to me that there would be no restrictions regarding selecting electives for repeat students. Better ch-ch-check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

rasher_b2 wrote:
    Bye bye Information Studies. *sits back and sips drink*
    I hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Information studies isn't worth it then? I was thinking of moving over from Art History because it's proving to be a bit of a b!tch.
    Meh...might do normal history instead.

crapsicles!! i was plannin to move to either info studies film studies orart frickin history!! i need to do somthin piss easy!!

was thinkin of perhaps keepin my psych minor coz theres no actual work to do only an exam at hte end but i dunno find it quite difficult??

o decisions decisions..........

Irish Studies in semester one was kinda piss easy and highly interesting now that i think of it....they kinda make it up as they go along! Theres no exam at christmas we jus have two assignments one worth 30% and the other worth 70%. What it'll be like semester two though is another story.

anybody doin german/french ab initio in app lang centre?? whats it like [that is, is there much work involved??] would prefer a students perspective...

• Advertisement

Hmm the Organisation of International Sport module as part of Sports Managment looks quite appealing aswell as that one last place in Sports Marketing..... *contemplates*

For you Information Studies comtemplating/dropping people... it's not that bad! Ok it is boring but hell if you go to half of your lectures and all of your tutorials, get all of your notes off your nerdy buddy, do your coursework, give two days revision it's very passable. FFS ''Mr. who failed 1st year'' here even got a 2:1 in it!

Advertisement