Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CRX meeting in the Park

Options
  • 14-11-2005 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

This was a few Saturdays ago in the Phoenix Park, but I just got around to uploading the pics over the weekend.

http://www.hondadublin.com/photogallery.php?album=5

Unusual to see so many of them in one spot, as they were never that plentiful to begin with!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

no offence but those cars are nothin speical

well i dont think so anyway porve me incorrect:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

pp_me129 wrote:
    no offence but those cars are nothin speical

well i dont think so anyway porve me incorrect:D

you mean cars on the picture are nothing special or you just don't like CRXs in general? I think more original CRX is , then better . This car doesn't really need much modification and original VTI models fetch some crazy money.

had MK1 and MK2 , great cars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

You will be hard pressed to find anything as quick that handles as well for anything approaching the money. Not to mention the reliability.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a fan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

dunno if the CRX boys will appreciate me posting this but here's a vid of a CRX getting it wrong in Nurburgring

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Quicker and better handling than a Porcshe 924 apparently. So they can't be that bad. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

that Vid is hilaruous! He would have been fine had he not lifted!

Drove a Del Sol in the states for a while ( this may not be the same thing). Not a bad car. IIRC the 924 was built from leftover VW bits so I wouldnt be comparing the two!

It's the number 1 rule of driving the CRX, don't lift! :)

The Del Sol isn't bad but it's a completely different car really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

ieve been thinking of maybe buying a crx, will the insurance form a 99 civic rise much if i change? Are they dear to run? id like the del sol 1.5 v tech

i would say that it will cost more to insure 1.5 v tech del sol over

MKII 1.6 16v (non vtec)CRX

Agreed, Del Sols are dearer because they're convertibles (or are regarded as such by insurance companies, anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

Whats the newest year i can get a del sol in? Is 95 the latest ?

insurance doesn't like sound of VTEC:)

here is some info for you:
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/carreviews/review.aspx?model_id=309

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

LOL that video is a classic alright. I've seen a few cars wipe out at that particular corner. He was lucky he didn't hit the barrier too hard really. GAAATZZZZOOO, Neee GGGAAAATTZZOOOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

the car is great but this is modified cars just coz 1 car has a induction kit on it it dont mean its modified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    make them look the part, as they very much live up to the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

the car is great but this is modified cars just coz 1 car has a induction kit on it it dont mean its modified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    make them look the part, as they very much live up to the rest

Not all modifing is to do with the outside, don't need to ruin a good looking car with a body kit...

Really like the black SiR with the mugen cf-48 s...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

Delta_ie wrote:
    Not all modifing is to do with the outside, don't need to ruin a good looking car with a body kit...

never mentioned a body kit they look great anyways maybe update the rims, andpaint job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Whats the newest year i can get a del sol in? Is 95 the latest ?

You can get a 1998 one - think 95 was the last year with the DOHC engine though, so you'd be getting a 1.6 SOHC one if it was newer than 95 (128 BHP or so)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

never mentioned a body kit they look great anyways maybe update the rims, andpaint job

Fair enough, but why bother?

Money could be better spent on the handling and response/power of the engine...

Delta_ie wrote:

Cheers! :D (at least I think you're referring to mine)

I agree with your approach to modding, no point taking a crayon to a Monet....

Advertisement