Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Wont start

Options
  • 14-11-2005 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I have the car 2 years nearly and never had a problem ever starting. this morning tried it 5 times and would not start.

The lights (battery oil etc!) cam on does this mean its not the battery but something worse? or could it be the battery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

Is the engine trying to start?

What kind of noise is it making?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sounds like the battery tbh, have a general look around to see if anythings come lose. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Could just be the starter motor. If its making a clicking noise, Id say so.
    Just roll it down a hill and try start it in 2nd.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As it was quite cold last night, it could be a battery on its way out!
    However, as said, if there is clicking when trying to turn it over then it could be the starter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

First cold winter morning and all the batteries die!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭D-!

Yeh it was trying to start but not kicking in.

When i got home from work i got it started 2nd time and brought it on a bit of a drive so gonna leave it for an hour or two and see will it start first time.

im gonna to get it looked at by a mechanic tomorrow night. so hopefully theres not much wrong with it

thanks

Advertisement