Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WYSIWYG editor !

Options
  • 14-11-2005 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

Any chance of activating the WYSIWYG editor for the quick reply?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

any chance of you fixing your overly large sig image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

any chance of you fixing your overly large sig image?
    Sorry GoneShootin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

What would be the point? the idea of the quick reply is that its...well....quick. bringing in the wysiwyg would just slow it down. if you want full post functionality, go advanced.

crash_000 wrote:
    What would be the point? the idea of the quick reply is that its...well....quick. bringing in the wysiwyg would just slow it down. if you want full post functionality, go advanced.
    Slow what down, the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the page would load slower if it had to load the wysiwyg as well. also i stress -why not just click "go advanced" if you want all the functionality?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dear god no!
    thats why its quick reply...because its quick

If anything I vote to have the WYSIWYG editor turned off totally :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Aaargh, No! :eek:

I never use it - there are shortcut keys for nearly all bbcode you need. Learn them and then you'll never need the [strike]WYSIWYG editor[/strike] bandwidth eater again!
    I don't even like that when you click Go Advanced in the Quick Reply/Edit box you get the WYSIWYG editor by default, and it disregards your User CP setting!

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement