Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should one expect a phone to last before it dies ?

• 14-11-2005 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia a couple of years now, and the battery seems to be going through a slow death.

Phone works fine for Text messages etc, however about 10 seconds into a call it just powers itself off [ this can happen within a few hours of a full recharge ].

Would 2-3 years be the normal lifespan of a battery ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

How long is a piece of string? Each manufacturer/model/battery combo is individual as is the wear and tear on the actualy handset.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

for example Plugging it into your battery charger everynight will shorten the battery life alot tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

eigrod wrote:
    I have a Nokia a couple of years now, and the battery seems to be going through a slow death.

Phone works fine for Text messages etc, however about 10 seconds into a call it just powers itself off [ this can happen within a few hours of a full recharge ].

Would 2-3 years be the normal lifespan of a battery ?
    Buy a new battery and your laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

Thanks a million for the replies.

I was aware that re-charging too often caused problems so I generally charged it once a week or when it expired [ whichever came first ]. It has been dropped a couple of times so that didn't help either I guess.

I now know I need to weigh up the cost of upgrading to a new phone [ with the new features ] versus the cost of a new battery for my existing phone [ with bu**er all features but serves my needs ].

Or drop some heavy hints about my desired Christmas present :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Cabaal wrote:
    for example Plugging it into your battery charger everynight will shorten the battery life alot tbh :)

(If it's a Li-Ion)well..

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote:
    Thanks a million for the replies.

I was aware that re-charging too often caused problems so I generally charged it once a week or when it expired [ whichever came first ]. It has been dropped a couple of times so that didn't help either I guess.

I now know I need to weigh up the cost of upgrading to a new phone [ with the new features ] versus the cost of a new battery for my existing phone [ with bu**er all features but serves my needs ].

Or drop some heavy hints about my desired Christmas present :)
    What phone is it eigrod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

What phone is it eigrod?

It's a Nokia 3310

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They have the worst batteries ever. Just buy a new phone. Your new battery will go the same way otherwise.

eigrod I've a battery here if you want it, brand new. pm me your address and I'll post it to you. The 3310 are one of the best phones Nokia made for reliability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea i had my 3310 for 2 years, unitl i locked it irreversibly somehow :o

now have the 3220, its a grand enough phone

• Advertisement

yea i had my 3310 for 2 years, unitl i locked it irreversibly somehow :o

now have the 3220, its a grand enough phone
    I could unlock the 3310 manually for you if you want.

Advertisement