Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nip/Tuck's Carver? Theories Anyone?

• 14-11-2005 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

So who does everyone think the Carver is? I had begun to think it was going to be a stranger, and not one of the regular or semi-regulars (Kit McGraw for example). But after last night's new one on Sky, I have a feeling it could be Quentin- after all he did have access to a used Christian condom... If it is Quentin though, i'll be so dissapointed in Ryan Murphy, I thought he was better than that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

im hoping that its going to be someone that all the audience think "oh my god i forgot about him/her"
    yeah Quientin did have access but i think he is too obvious. that would be bad by Ryan Murphy really. maybe if he didnt appear this year then possible but he is in it every week now and people wouldnt be in any way suprised if it is him.

thought last nights episode was brilliant. i really enjoyed it. had couple of nice twist whihc made me happy again. its a mire intense season but i like it.

my sister put a theroy to me. when the test sperm its the DNA of the sperm that would be tested i think. well wouldnt Christian's biological father have to same DNA as him. just a theroy. so a small possibility there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I think it's Matt.......just a guess, I have no evidence hah!

does matt really have it in him tho! he's not that strong and he is only 17. i know he's abit mental but he was with Ava and relatively happy when the carver appeared! i dont know. its a hard one to call. rumours flying it could be liz as she has access to the drugs and knives and uses a strap-on to do the other stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Refresh my memory - which one's Quentin again?

If he's the new surgeon in McNamara/Troy then he's the one I suspect, otherwise who is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It was so gratifying that Kit McGraw was the carvers next victim. Karma is a bitch. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Bond-007 wrote:
    It was so gratifying that Kit McGraw was the carvers next victim. Karma is a bitch. :D

:D yeah. Brilliant episode last night. It probably is Quientin, hope it is'nt though!

ya kit being the victim was brilliant. its mad how christian called Andrea Hall (the news reporter) to leek the story. as he said he knew that the carver wouldnt like someone getting "praised" for his work. also andrea hall said that there was a undercover cop monitoring him for quiet a while which means that the Carver obviously was watching Christian because he knew who to attack. My god i love this show!!!

biggest fear is though that it will leak from the states who the carver is officially and i dont want to know no matter what. its even more than "whats in the hatch" in Lost.

also what is happening betweeen Christian and Sean. i mean i cant believe Sean didnt believe him. and then when they were in the office at the end and Christian said " I thought you knew me" and Sean said " I thought i knew you too"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kodac

Well thought it was obvious that the only way Christian was going to get out of that jam was to have the Carver strike while Christian was in custody- so the only surprise there was that Christian leaked it.
    That idea about the Carver being Christian's father is a good one, but I always get the feeling that the person behind the mask is kind of younger- dont know why!
    For a while I thought it could have been Kit, after all even though the victims are raped, there is no dna left over and Kit is a freaky sex monster- im sure she would have ways and means to make the victims think she was raping them. Plus she does seem to have an angry men-hating vibe about her, she could be punishing men and beauty at the same time. Plus, since it was her theory that Christian attacked himself, pretending it was the Carver, it would make sense that she would attack herself and call it the work of the Carver, just to throw off suspicion.
    Plus Ryan Murphy could have that be the big shock- the Carver is a WOMAN!?! Duno, just my thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

The episode was good but I spent alot oif it yelling "Oh come on" at the telly. Alot of it was OTT and completley unrealistic. I cant remember al of it now but one example is the conversation that Christian and the cop were having or the conversation the cop had with christians girlfriend. THe fact that she slept with both and this is common knowledge and the fact that she is still working the case. Or how about the blatent accusations that she threw at Christians girlfriend.

It was a good episode, I think the carveris unknown and will turn up in a later episode, maybe he will come in to McNamara/Troy to have work done.........

ya Kodac thought of that with Kit. i mean she had perfect details of how Christian would have attacked himself. only a mind that has really thought about that would come up with it so i think she is still there in the suspects!

Get the feeling that the Carver is someone younger aswell. the only thing is Christians mom said she was 14 when her raped her so i mean he miten have been that old either which would make him about 60 now as Christian is 40 so i dont know. maybe he kept himself in good shape!

dont know what Kit was thinking bringing his real mom into it. i think she has succeeded in doing major damage to Christian's life, i mean bringing her back into his life and more importantly making him see that Sean didnt believe him. it is going to make him a different person. the man he loves more than anyone in the world didnt believe him.
    Christian "I thought you knew me"
    Sean " i though i knew you too"

think about it aswell. Christian hasnt been with that many women this season and even last season when the carver started he wasnt riding around him (for once). but i mean who is going to keep his condom and wait for a chance to plant it. the people this season have only been Kimber, Kit and Queutin that have anyways been sexual with christian (altho Quentin was told where to go fairly lively!)

i think if it was a woman it would be very good. would make us all go jesus. i dont mind as long as its someone that we all go wow! and then they back it up with the details of how he/she done everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭omahony99

Christian's father is the carver.

BTW, if they use dreams in the storyline again I'm giving up on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I've missed this :( ...
    could anyone post a brief synopsis of series 3 to date please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Think it is bad writing to have quentin the carver. Remember sean searched for him when he hired him. Quentin had to fly in from atlanta to take the job. Just seems a bit too 'bone collecter' to be him.

What about alec baldwin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Madge wrote:
    I've missed this :( ...
    could anyone post a brief synopsis of series 3 to date please?

Thanks
    OK, previously on Nip/Tuck:
    Season starts and we find out Christian was sliced and raped by the carver. He takes some time away from work, and Sean brings in a new surgeon as parter (the Quentin guy mentioned by others above). The profiler investigating the carver is a hottie named Kit, who ends up sleeping with Christian. Kimber catches them at it, and then the three of them end up together. After a few weeks though, Christian tires of Kit and dumps her. When the next carver victim is discovered, a used condom belonging to Christian is found at the scene, and Kit arrests him. Thinking he was being set up and seeing everyone start to turn against him, he purposely leaked news of his arrest to the media hoping the real carver would not take kindly to someone else getting the credit and strike again. The carver attacks Kit this time, and Christian is released from custody.

Meanwhile, Matt goes looking for Ava at her old apartment and finds her son's body. During the police investigation, he finds out that Ava was a transexual and that his parents hide this from him. He starts hitting the bottle pretty hard. He goes to a Gay bar and picks up a transexual, but when he gets back to her place he beats the crap out of her. She later tracks him down and, with a group of her friends, dishes out some payback and put him in hospital. Julia and Sean confront Matt about his recent behaviour, but Matt just blames them and when he pushes his mother aside Sean throws him against the wall and punches him. Matt then moves out and gets a restraining order against Sean.

The carver will be revealed in the last ep on Dec22 in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Something tells me the Carver might be two people...kind of like the killer in Scream turned out to be. Just an inkling :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If it's a woman, I'm banking on Kimber.

oooh yeh, good one pickarooney- if it was Kimber that would be great! Christian is BY FAR my fav character, he's the main reason i watch, but all my fav ep's are when the f**k with his head- like Sunday's one, and the one last season when Wilber was taken away and he found out Monkey-Matt was his son. I just hope the Carver has something to do with him- personally!

But yeh, the Carver is a women- def dont think its Christian's dad (not unless he has had a sex change in the mean time)

So who was trying to set Christian up with the condom?If it was his,,they should have been able to make a definate match because they have his DNA. If it was a relative of his,then it would be similar,but not the exact same,and they would be able to tell that. So was it Kit? I thought it was the Carver,but then the Carver strikes again because he didn't want the limelight taken away.Again,my theory of it being 2 people could mean that they are having differeing opinions on how to handle thing.

It just seems like they might have messed up the whole Carver thing. I don't think it was ever intended to be such a big story or to be someone they knew.The popularity of the character made the creators realise they had something good,and I think the original idea for who it would be changed,and now they will make it someone close to McNamara/Troy. "Beauty is a curse on the world",that is what the Carver says,which I'd imagine means the Carver is probably ugly...Kimber,not so ugly! Again the Carver being someone close to the show seems a little off,as when the Carver first appeared,he didn't have much vested interest in McNamara/Troy. It was only when Sean wouldn't stop treating his victims that he turned his attention towards Sean and Christian. But now it seems the Carver will turn out to be someone they know who had something personal against Sean or Christian or the practice,even though at the beginning there was no connection portrayed...

Rant Over

The female doctor at the practice is my bet.

• Advertisement

I am SO fed up with those stupid dream sequences!!! First you think Christian is ****ed, then he isn't and then he is again. And then he gets out?! :mad: WTF?!?!?! Also, my thought when Christian's condom was found was that Christain might be schizophrenic, and had unknowingly been carving these people.

SOunds crazy I know, but I made it more complicated still when I reasoned that Seán, under the influence of either schizophrenia, likle his friend, or perhaps amnesia, temporarily became the Carver to help his friend...

I have far too much time on my hand... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

tvnutz wrote:
    "Beauty is a curse on the world",that is what the Carver says,which I'd imagine means the Carver is probably ugly...Kimber,not so ugly!

But that's jsut the kind of thing that someone beautiful whose personality gest overlooked would say, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

If it's a woman, I'm banking on Kimber.

I'd second that, they're all so focused on it being a man that I reckon that's what the shock will be. Kimber has also shown herself to be a psycho, remember when she was going to carve Christian up for treating her badly and how obsessed she was about ageing and looking beautiful.

But that's jsut the kind of thing that someone beautiful whose personality gest overlooked would say, no?

Well, they could be beautiful but have a condition where they don;t believe that which leads them to need to remove other's beauty which they (whether right or not) see as competition to them. Christian's dumping the police person-thingy could ahve caused her to question her own beauty and want revenge and stuff...

Ummmm,thats a valid point,but the fact that the Carver actually carves people's faces to make their once beautiful face look ugly,suggests the Carver is probably ugly and resents how beautiful people are treated.

but is Kimber really strong enough to do that kind of damage. i mean even if she did do it to Christian and while he was drugged she would have had to pull a 6ft something well built man to the edge of the bed, turn him over and then proceed to rape him! she's not exactly the heavy weight champion of ladies wrestling. just a thought!

what did people think of last nights episode? nothing special really. just showed how bad things are between Christian and Sean if ya ask me. say there relationship is over!just my thoughts!

Ye not a very good episode last night really...nothin much happened. But it is always good that the annoying whiney Matt hasn't been in the last 2 episodes.

ya thats true altho loved the episode where he got the crap kicked out of him!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FlightRisker

The Carver can't be Christian's dad! His foster parents abused him, his real mother was raped by his father who was a serial rapist. If on top of that he finds out that his biological dad raped him he'll go over the edge!

• Advertisement

ya i think it would be too much for him. i just think the Carver has made it so personnel by attacking Christian.i mean he attacked Sean but raping Chistian made it more personnel towards him (or else maybe he just thought Christian was hotter!).

I admit I kind of liked Sunday's ep, at least something new happened, so far this season has still felt like its all about dealing with the aftermath of season two, no new fresh storylines. But I like the idea of Julia becoming the successfull one for a while, I also like the idea of moving away from McNamara Troy to new sets and people etc. Plus Gina- hello! She is SO funny, I love how she call's Christian "a**hole" and never says his name, sometimes she even says it with a hint of effection in there... And pesonally the less I see of Bubbles Monkey-Boy Features aka Matt, the better- he freaks me out and I hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Does anyone think it could be the doctor from the last series who was doing treatment from his basement. I think it could be him as hes got loads of motives. Oh wait did he go to jail.

yeh, Plonk, I thought of that too- his name was Merrill Bobbolit (i think). He'd be a good candidate- he's ugly, got nothing to loose, Hate's (with a capital H) Christian, and probably Sean by assocaition. If it was him though, dont you think he might have attacked Kimber though- she did leave him after all. Plus he was an addict and im not sure if he would have the brain power anyways to plan an attack and be so careful. He never really seemed like the control freak that the Carver is. But he's another good candidate. On entertainment weekly message boards a couple of people think it's Bobbolit.

yeah alot of people seem to think it could be Bobbolit but i mean he was really f**kd up but the fact that we dont know what happened to him makes an opening for it to be him. cant believe we are not going to know until the last episode of the season. twill be interesting! i dont know really who i just want it to be a twist. the only real person i dont want it to be is Queitin as twill be too obvious. and i think if it is Sean or Christian twill be heartbreaking for me as love the two guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Sarn wrote:
    I'd second that, they're all so focused on it being a man that I reckon that's what the shock will be. Kimber has also shown herself to be a psycho, remember when she was going to carve Christian up for treating her badly and how obsessed she was about ageing and looking beautiful.
    true, but she would never seriously hurt him as she really loves him. That's her biggest problem, she adores Christian while he just likes her.

@ merrill, didn't he completely tear up his face, so how's he not dead, LOL. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I was of the thinking it was a man too.
    Afterall they raped Christian, altho as with nip/tuck they are never afraid to push things to the boundries so it could still be a woman ;) .
    As far as I know it's not Matt. Read an interview with him on tv.com the other day. Altho he was kept in the dark about Ava's secret for a long time.
    Was thinking the other day it could be her ? After that I'm out of ideas ?
    The last in the series is marked with Quentin Costa, and they name the episodes on who they operate on or have the main consultation with.
    Will be good to see anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EVLSCNB

The Carver has to be Quinton. Think about it--Quinton is bisexual and he knows about Kimber, the 'fake Carver' victim. I believe Quinton either had sometihng against Sean and Christian or he was struggling in Atlanta or maybe even committing some sort of crimes there. It has to be him. He is the right size and he is a doctor. He knows how to cut them without killing them.

Do you think he killed Kiimber???

Kimbers dead? Holy crap!

EVLSCNB wrote:
    The Carver has to be Quinton. Think about it--Quinton is bisexual and he knows about Kimber, the 'fake Carver' victim. I believe Quinton either had sometihng against Sean and Christian or he was struggling in Atlanta or maybe even committing some sort of crimes there. It has to be him. He is the right size and he is a doctor. He knows how to cut them without killing them.

Do you think he killed Kiimber???

Wtf you idiot! Spoiler tags!

tvnutz wrote:
    Wtf you idiot! Spoiler tags!

Aghhhhhhhhh my cable is out till Friday, have only had RTE no fun and two for the last two weeks!

• Advertisement

hints to the Carver

Although The Carver is thought to have male genitals, series creator Ryan Murphy hints that it could be either male or female.

Ryan Murphy says The Carver will be unmasked in the last scene of the third season finale.

The Carver has access to medical supplies, including a needle with some sort of paralyzing agent that is injected into the victim. Therefore, The Carver could be a doctor, or could be close friends with or related to a doctor.
    In addition to the numerous women The Carver has raped, he has also raped two men: a male model and Christian.

Of all of The Carver's victims, Sean McNamara is the only one who was not raped.

Dr. Christian Troy has been ruled out because he was in jail while the Carver struck Rhona Mitra's character, Detective Kit McGraw.

The Carver does not take kindly to mockery. Rhea Reynolds claimed to have been attacked by The Carver, but later confessed to doing it herself. That very night, The Carver paid her a visit and slit her throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

why oh why didnt you put that in spoiler tags.. i didnt know that about Kimber and i didnt want to know either... thanks for ruining it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It could be Liz....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I think it's Loz as well - remember when she wanted Christian to father a child for her? She could have kept his sperm from then and used it to frame him later...

ya possibility bout Liz but wouldnt she have got her insemination done at a hospital.dont think they'd let her casually walk out with what ever sperm is left over.

Quietin is too obvious although as it was said before the last episode is titled "Quientin Costa" so should be interesting

as long as ryan murphy can back it up bout who the carver is and why, ill be happy. as long as it isnt Christian! dont think so now tho!

if people are going to talk about things that havent happened yet on sky one please put them in spoilers. opinions are fine but the Kimber thing for example should be put in spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

nooooooo, it just won't be the same without Kelly, maybe I can find some comfort, if Jessalyn stays on a while longer. :p

on 2nd thoughts
    after a quick glance over on tv.com, I see no reference to Kimber being killed
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 raygun7

Figuring out who the carver is has honestly been the hardest thing I've had to do in a while and I'm sure the producers won't disappoint when he (or she) is revealed. I agree with most that while Quentin is the most obvious choice, he's just that. I think it has to be someone else because too many things point in his direction. I figure it has to be someone who is a constant on the show, but who is also expendable. Thinking back to all of the episodes, evidence will suggest that it has to be someone who has access to Christian's semen and who wasn't at the wedding. With that being said...., I personally have narrowed it down to two people. These are Liz (who was gonna be artificially insiminated by Christian) and THE DETECTIVE, who had an ongoing relationship with he and Kimber and would have access to his semen. I may be wrong and probably am, which will make it even more shocking next week when the carver is unmasked.

raygun, make sure when you find out who the carver is, dont put it up normally. make sure its in a spoiler coz i really dont want to know. it would kill me to find out on the message boad! its killing me to have to wait but sure its got to be done!!!!

ill be really dissappointed if its Quientin to be honest. way to obvious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

We'll know tomorrow - the 2 hour season finale is screening on FX in the U.S. tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Anyone else think
    Kimber is dead? I mean, that's the first thing that i thought when she was sitting at the mirror, the door opens and she says ''coming sean'', i mean, it was kind of obvious something was going to happen, but why would they not show it? maybe she's been kidnapped? I don't think she's dead, because the carver would want christian to know about it, hiding the fact makes no sense

• Advertisement
Advertisement