Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installing a new stereo in a Mitsubishi Mirage (Import)

Options
  • 14-11-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've bought myself a nice shiny Pioneer DEH-4700MP CD/MP3 player to replace the stock Japanese radio/casette that came with the car.

I've bought myself an Autoleads adapter cable to connect between the wiring in the car (reference here) and the cables supplied with the Pioneer.

It LOOKS (per their instructions here) like a simple matter of connecting the two sets of leads together, EXCEPT that there's a "Ground" lead coming off the Autoleads adapter that I'm not sure what/where to connect it to (though I realise it's important :))

Hopefully that's slightly clearer than mud..any help appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

There should already be a ground wire in the apapter loom,if not then attach it on a ring connector to any metal part with a screw,there should be a few around when you remove the hu

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

There is a ground wire on the cigarette lighter which you could connect to on the mirage, or else there is plenty of metal to ground to, very easy car to change the stereo on.

Advertisement