Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<b>Re-mixing / Dance / Electro</b>

Options
  • 14-11-2005 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi. Anyone intereted in re-mixing or collaborating in Dance, Electro Punk, Breakbeats, Funky House, give me a shout.

I use Arturia Moog, Reason 3, Recycle and Logic. All on MAC of course!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭philius

sure, i can remix something if you posted me them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Don't know if I'd be any good or not, but here's a link to one of my tracks. :rolleyes:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=414036

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Post up some of your stuff or stuff you'd be interested in making Sturgo. It'll give an idea of what kind of style you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭philius

i reckon as long people give the music in compatable formats, who cares about styles,

most should work really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭DiamondJQuimby

mordeith wrote:
    Don't know if I'd be any good or not, but here's a link to one of my tracks. :rolleyes:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=414036

Not a big fan of dance music but I think that is pretty good,

I think the start of the mix needs work.. Or else I am drunk.. I could be damn two bottles of wine !!

Anyway.,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Maybe the wine is what made you think that it sounded ok in the first place:D
    I take your point though. I always struggle to create an intersting intro for tracks. Usually it's just bass then kicks or vice versa. Perhaps I should try and write an intro when the main tune is finished. Actually I wonder how other people structure their tracks? Anyone like to share :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

I actually have the same issue! Can never seem to get the intro quite right... Always end up spending too much time on it and not getting round to the main section.

I'm only starting out using reason but I'm starting to get the hang of it I think... (i hope!!)

I'm in the process of producing my first tune. Kind of a deep/tech-house track.
    Decided to leave the intro aside for the moment and work on the rest first like you were saying...
    I'll be sure to post it up here for some constructive criticism when i think it's ready!!

EDIT!!! just realised how old this thread is!! .....ah well! I'll still post up the tune when it's done! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

There is a standard handy format for getting the information around doing remixes. You take 8 bar loops (or 4, or 16, etc.) of whatver elements you want, stick them in a folder, rar it (or zip it), and then send it in whatever whatever way you want.
    I've found ichat to be the best way- you just drag the folder on to the chat and the other person can download it zippity quick.

incidentally, i'm just after getting a load of remixes done. One will be out on Afro Acid soon (next month I think).
    Should have one on Adjust Records in April. I think. that one's not 100% definite.
    Both will be available on beatport/all good music stores/juno/itunes(i think).

Advertisement