Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snag List, Athy (or anywhere in Kildare)

Options
  • 14-11-2005 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Howdy,
    Can anyone recommened a architect/engineer to do a snag list in Athy/Co.Kildare?
    There's a lot in the the G'Pgs's and it would be nice to know I'm not likely to be ripped off.

Cheers,

Gordon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I've said it before and got shot down but why not do it yourself. Talk to people who have done them. Hell I'm sure plenty here would give you advice on what to look for.

Edit : If its a new build have a go yourself but if its a second hand property (which would be more a survey) then get a pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Gordon I've just pm'd you.

Just so people know I have recomended the company I work for

www.HomeSnag.ie

From personal experience when snagging a new house, people are often surprised at the sheer volume of things that can be found, 70% of which are things that they wouldn't noticed when they had a look around the house themselves.

I would always recommend people who don't work in construction to get their house professionally snagged. People who do work in construction or insist on doing it themselves generally purchase a snag list to work off.

The snag list really forces you to look at the detail, which is great as it means your getting your house into great condition before you move in.

I know I have recommended the company I work for above, so I would always recommend that people shop around and make sure they get the best value for money and the best service.

Thanks

Fintan

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a bit out of my area, but I did one for a friend there last year. If it's there I might do it, but otherwise no.

Whats the development?

Advertisement