Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 360 Launch Title Lineup confirmed...

Options
  • 14-11-2005 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Amped 3 (2K Sports)
    Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
    Condemned: Criminal Origins (Sega)
    FIFA 06: Road to the World Cup (Electronic Arts)
    Gun (Activision)
    Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft Game Studios)
    Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts)
    NBA 2K6 (2K Sports)
    NBA Live 06 (Electronic Arts)
    Need for Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
    NHL 2K6 (2K Sports)
    Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft Game Studios)
    Peter Jackson's King Kong (Ubisoft)
    Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Game Studios)
    Quake 4 (Activision)
    Ridge Racer (Namco)
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (Electronic Arts)
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)

The only titles here I would be even remotely interested in are Kameo and Condemned and maybe PD0 . The rest don't show me anything I haven't seen before and can't justify their price-tag to me as such. Should at least be something here for everyone though.

Source.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭bagdaddy

how much are 360 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i was told 75eur by gamespot...
    no gears of war :( im thinking more and more to just no bothering with it :( ...yet

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

70 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nothing there I'd have any interest in at all. Add in the fact that the vast majority of those games are available on other consoles and the mooted €75 price tag, and it means I'll be waiting a while before getting a 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

NHL 2K6 and Ridge Racer 6 are going to be the only game on that list absent from the European launch btw.

Really though, only two games that aren't sequels and have original IP...

On top of that, more than half the games are going to be released on other systems...

Very weak imo. Only game I'm remotely interested in checking out is Perfect Dark Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very weak. Not one system seller. Maybe PD0 or Kameo but haven't heard any good reports about Kameo and doubt Rare have the magic left to pull off PD0. PGR will more than likely be great but the other PGR games just didn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Kare Bear wrote:
    70 each.

Are we sure these are official prices? Not just placeholders in the absence of concrete numbers? Cos that seems crazy. They'll be 55 euro in other parts of europe! :mad:

The lineup looks rather uncompelling to me, to put it mildly, unless PD0 pulls a Halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Line up is so so imo.. PGR3 alone is enough to make me buy the console to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Maybe PD0 or Kameo but haven't heard any good reports about Kameo and doubt Rare have the magic left to pull off PD0.
    I've been hearing good reports from people that played Kameo/PD0 at the UK 360 tour. I'm still hopefull for these two.
    http://www.greenhillzone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=2269

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I was playing King Kong today, it was awful. Bad framerates and terrible animation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LookingFor wrote:
    Are we sure these are official prices? Not just placeholders in the absence of concrete numbers? Cos that seems crazy. They'll be 55 euro in other parts of europe! :mad:

Games will be 70-75 euro across europe. I know it is crazy but the manufacturers always inflat the price for a launch. It will drop to 60 in a few months. Well it better. I would never pay that much for a game so will be buying all my games online.

Game and other stores will probably take advantage of this and up the price to about 80-85 for launch and try to force people to buy bundles or no xbox360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

only game im interested in ther eis COD2 and Im already playing that on the PC, I hear perfect dark is a big dissapointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

What the !"$^&%$£ ?!?

70 Euro for ONE game?

OK, that's it. No XBox for me. I'm willing to spend 50 bucks for a game, but more like 40 or 45, but most defintely not 70. Really. That's a rip-off. :eek: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Wow thats as weak a line up as ive ever seen for a launch. Not a single game there im interested in that cant be got on another console. Not sure why your all going bad about the price of the games people are willing to pay 60 euro in ireland for a new game why would you think they wouldnt try charging more, if 70 works they will try for 80 next time but some people just dont look around and pay whatever the asking price is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Not connected to 360, but maybe EA are seeing the light...

'EA drops suggested retail price for selected titles in the US'
    'Sluggish sales and competitor releases prompt lower retail pricing'
    http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=12955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

HomunQlus wrote:
    70 Euro for ONE game?

if the idiots will play, then thats what they will charge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what idiots exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Hmm, let me weigh this up. 75 euro to play Quake 4 or COD2 on 360, and take a loss in visual clarity unless ive got a hdtv, OR, pay 55 for Quake 4/COD2 and play it on my PC at 1024X768 with all settigns on high?
    Get f*cked MS. Only today i refused to pay 60 euro for GTA:LCS, so not a f*ckin hope in hell im paying almost 100 quid for a 360 game i can already play on my pc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i'm surprised everyone didnt already know this...its gonna be the exact same, if not worse, with ps3 games, especially the big titles.

unless i'm mistaken, one of the biggest ps2 releases (mgs3 maybe? or was it the last smackdown) recently went for €65 quid or something stupid like that.

thanks, but no thanks. i'll stick to my pc thanks...at least till next year

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, the start of the last generation had games at a similar price, the standard price for new games was €65 in Game 2 years ago, it just went down as the generation got older.
    Saying that, I'm sure you could knock at least 5 off that price if you buy online, but don't count on the standard price of games coming down for at least a year, probably longer.
    As for the line up, there's a lot of games I'd be interested in having a go of, but I don't know if I'd be happy to spend top dollar on them. I'm getting more and more happy at my decision to hold off until the new year, more games, less bugs and possibly a slightly better price. The only console I've ever bought at launch was the DS and only now is that starting to get interesting with it's recent releases, I think I've learned a valuable lesson from that!
    Played King Kong, too. Wasn't bowled over at all, but then again it's probably the worst game to test because it's just a graphical tweak on the current gen release. However, I'm not expecting to be wowed at all any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Deadwing wrote:
    Hmm, let me weigh this up. 75 euro to play Quake 4 or COD2 on 360, and take a loss in visual clarity unless ive got a hdtv, OR, pay 55 for Quake 4/COD2 and play it on my PC at 1024X768 with all settigns on high?
    Get f*cked MS. Only today i refused to pay 60 euro for GTA:LCS, so not a f*ckin hope in hell im paying almost 100 quid for a 360 game i can already play on my pc.

Hmm, 75 plus 410 for the console = 485
    55 plus 1000+ for the pc = 1055

Oh and since you round 75 up to 100 i'm going to round it down to 50 and say its 5 quid cheaper than a pc game.

Lets not forget we are talking consoles here - don't tell me its going to be another 6 years of PC fans bitching about how good their three times the price hardware is compared to a under the tv console...please god no, please!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Hmm, 75 plus 410 for the console = 485
    55 plus 1000+ for the pc = 1055

Oh and since you round 75 up to 100 i'm going to round it down to 50 and say its 5 quid cheaper than a pc game.

Lets not forget we are talking consoles here - don't tell me its going to be another 6 years of PC fans bitching about how good their three times the price hardware is compared to a under the tv console...please god no, please!!!

Were not talking about the price of the system here. Yes, my pc was alot more expensive than a console, thats cause i put it together myself and bought all the best parts i could. You can build a rig that could run quake 4/Cod2 for alot less than 1000 nowadays.
    But anyway, as i say, im not complaining about the price of the system, im complaining aobut the price of the game. Some say theyll cost up to 75, so its going to be between 65 - 75, id say, for a game thats identical to its pc counterpart which retails at 55 euro. If thats not a rip off i dont know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

where did yous play king kong?

I'm pretty sure King Kong demo is on all the pods, just hit reset and you can chose what you want to do.

All 360 games under €60 on gameplay

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/xbox_360.asp?platform=XB360

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

play.com have them for 40 sterling too but like a lot of rip off uk sites they like to make up their own currency conversion:

xe.com 39.99 sterling = 58.70 euro
    play.com 39.99 sterling = 63.99 euros

All you have to do then is buy in Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I know (i forgot to say that in my post), its just that it annoys me the way they make their own currency conversions. And i wouldnt be suprised if ppl (who cant be bothered checking out the exchange rate) from euro countries buy from them in euros believing thats the equivalent of 40 sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I know (i forgot to say that in my post), its just that it annoys me the way they make their own currency conversions. And i wouldnt be suprised if ppl (who cant be bothered checking out the exchange rate) from euro countries buy from them in euros believing thats the equivalent of 40 sterling.

Yeah it's a bit devious of Play to do that (all online retailers do though - bar Amazon), but to solve the problem all you have to do is pay in Sterling.

I personally love Play.com's selection and customer service, I've been buying from them since 2000 and recommend them to the utmost. I think Cd-WOW are the worst to be honest, I never had a smooth transaction with them the five times I ordered goods from them, three of the orders never arrived and the other two took the best part of two months to arrive and of the two orders, one came seriously damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

quarryman wrote:
    what idiots exactly?
    the people who will pay €70 for a game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Laguna wrote:
    Yeah it's a bit devious of Play to do that (all online retailers do though - bar Amazon), but to solve the problem all you have to do is pay in Sterling.

I personally love Play.com's selection and customer service, I've been buying from them since 2000 and recommend them to the utmost. I think Cd-WOW are the worst to be honest, I never had a smooth transaction with them the five times I ordered goods from them, three of the orders never arrived and the other two took the best part of two months to arrive and of the two orders, one came seriously damaged.

Never had a problem using CD-Wow, use them almost as much as Play.com. Generally for Region 3/1 DVD releases.

I use Cd-wow.com.hk if that makes any difference, prices are in Hong Kong dollars and up until recently there was a very strong exchange rate.

For me they are generally faster with delivery than from Play

Shame to hear you have had a bad experience with them as they are a handy resource

Advertisement