Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 360 Launch Title Lineup confirmed...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

With reviews starting to trickle through the launch title selection is looking pretty good actually. Kameo, PGR 3, Condemned: Criminal Origins are all on my shopping list now I think. The latter being a complete surprise, I'd never heard of it till now but it sounds interesting based on reviews.

None of them are an absolute must-have title, but they're all very solid, and there's others like Call of Duty and the new Need for Speed game(sort of back to its roots yay!) that are worthwhile too. King Kong, Gun and THAW are all decent if you still want more, although you're as well off getting them for current gen.

The one unknown is Perfect Dark which there seems to be very little information on. It could turn out to be the killer app but I'm fairly dubious myself. It seems suspicious that there's so little info on one of the most anticipated games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here we go again, the same topic as half the other 360 threads on the boards, wth much the same replies from much the same people.
    PGR3 is a must have to all racer fans, obviously most people who use boards have a PC and if you are a gamer then most of you have pretty tooled up PCs as well, but it is much cheaper to go the console route to gaming, it always has and always will be. Modern upto date graphics cards cost as much as a 360, and if you are into your online gaming, especially FPS, you will also fork out for things like a better mouse, maybe a joystick or wheel set up for simulators and racing titles, with the consoles they are written for the hardware as is, for the gamer to get the most from a standard controller, no further investment required, PC owners are continually upgrading their systems to play the latest titles, and soon we will have Physics chips so new wave of investment will be required, not so the console owner who, aside from individual games like Steel Battalion, will never have to put their hand in their pocket apart from the initial outlay for the console and the pruchasing of games and a Live subscription.
    So, if like most people out there, you don't own a gaming PC, there are plenty of titles in the launch line-up to attract your attention, COD2, Quake4, PGR3, PD0, Fifa06 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Kristok wrote:
    Wow thats as weak a line up as ive ever seen for a launch.

WTF - that is the biggest line up ever for a new console - fifa 06 tiger woods 06, call of duty 2, all look f'in amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    i was told 75eur by gamespot...
    no gears of war :( im thinking more and more to just no bothering with it :( ...yet

damn well at least if we get the one with the hd then we can fit 5 games on it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i got a magtazine from xtravision free with the herald today and it had the games priced at 65.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

xtra vision wont be renting games until march

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

xtra vision wont be renting games until march

I hardly doubt he meant they were renting games for 65 euro ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Here is a list of titles launched on the PS2:

Armored Core 2 (Agetec, Action)
    DOA2: Hardcore (Tecmo, Fighting)
    Dynasty Warriors 2 (Koei, Action)
    ESPN International Track and Field (Konami, Sports)
    ESPN X-Games Snowboarding (Konami, Sports)
    Eternal Ring (Agetec, RPG)
    Evergrace (Agetec, RPG)
    FantaVision (SCEI, Puzzle)
    Gun Griffon Blaze (Working Designs, Action)
    Kessen (EA, Adventure)
    Madden NFL 2001 (EA, Sports)
    Midnight Club (Rockstar, Racing)
    Moto GP (Namco, Racing)
    NHL 2001 (EA, Sports)
    Orphen (Activision, RPG)
    Q-Ball Billiards Master (Take-Two Interactive, Simulation)
    Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Midway, Sports)
    Ridge Racer V (Namco, Racing)
    Silent Scope (Konami, Shooter)
    Smuggler's Run (Rockstar, Racing-Adventure)
    SSX (EA, Sports)
    Street Fighter EX3 (Capcom, Fighting)
    Summoner (THQ, RPG)
    Swing Away (Paradise Golf in Japan) (EA, Sports)
    Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco, fighting)
    TimeSplitters (Eidos, First-Person Shooter)
    Unreal Tournament (Infogrames, First-Person Shooter)
    Wild Wild Racing (Interplay, Racing)
    X-Squad (EA, Action)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And of the launch games for PS2, how many would you still consider great, my list is quite short, Fantavision, Timesplitters, Kessen and Dynasty Warriors were marvellous but the rest, rubbish, done before or better by the DC. At least the 360 lineup has some games you simply can't play on a home console yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

why is everybody suprised that the the launch games are crap it is the same with every console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This has made up my mind.
    Weak launch titles + 70 euro each = not a hope. Not this year anyway. Maybe in the new year when some more games come out, and some of the launch titles that I'm moderately interested in (but not enough to dish out 70e) go down in price or become available second hand.

Advertisement