Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engineers report?

Options
  • 14-11-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

Right i got a call from my insurance company(QD) on friday saying they were sending me out a report and id have to have it filled in at a main stealers or simi garage and send it back in with my log book.I presumed it was to do with my "cosmetic modifications" that i declared awhile back but when i asked why the girl said that they were doing random spot checks - fair enough.

Anyways the form comes out today and has questions like do the windscreen washers and handbrake work,what is the tyre thread depth ect,there didnt seem to be anything to do with the mod's bar "is there an engine conversion" to which the answer is no.

Anyways i rang them up to see again why they wanted this as it seemed totally irrelevant and i wanted to know was i expected to pay/would i be refunded for it.After being on hold for 10 minutes the drone comes back on to say it has to be sent back in or else my policy will be cancelled and that they wont pay for any expense incured.

I told her id rang three garages this morning and th price ranged from 60 to 100 euro for them to go over the car and she said thats my own problem to hurry up and get it in.I asked to be put thru to the girl who sent it but she wouldnt put me thru,nor would she give me her surname to try and contact her - i ended up hanging up.

Is this a cash for the insurance federation or should the form just be filled and sent back in?i still dont see why they wont refund me if i have to pay to have it done

Hs anyone any ideas/or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Is there an NCT on the car? If so I'd say here ya go and tell them to feck off. If they try to cancel the policy on you and you have made a complete and honest declaration I'd be onto the Insurance Ombusdman straight away.

In fact, I'd probably contact the Ombdsman now, just to let him know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Indeed I would tell QD to feck off. I have found that in practice the only thing they understand is a solicitors letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Yep there's a years nct left on the car,I contacted the IIF after i posted earlier on and they have asked me to send them the cover letter that i was sent(altho this states the report is for a new policy quinn say its a spot check)

The guy i got on the phone seemed as confused as me and said they have no right to cancel the policy or to make me pay for a mechanic to fill the report in.As jayok said,he said if there's a valid Nct on the car then he couldnt understand what they were at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Could just be a clerical error on QD's behalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Thats what i wondered but after being on hold for 10 mins the girl was certain i was "sent it for some reason other than a change of car" aswell as a random spot check from there underwriting department.

Im now wondering if i have it filled in and sent back will they try and increase my policy for the said declared modifications(even tho they wont cover the cost of them in the event of a claim)

Has anyone else on here ever recieved one of these before and if so for what reason?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

eireal wrote:
    Thats what i wondered but after being on hold for 10 mins the girl was certain i was "sent it for some reason other than a change of car" aswell as a random spot check from there underwriting department.

Im now wondering if i have it filled in and sent back will they try and increase my policy for the said declared modifications(even tho they wont cover the cost of them in the event of a claim)

Has anyone else on here ever recieved one of these before and if so for what reason?

Hi m8,
    im also with QD,i fitted an induction kit to my car & like you they wanted an engineers report,so i brought it back to where i bought it & they done the report for me,it took about 1/2 hour & they checked everything out.
    i sent it back to Quinn's & never heard anymore + my policy never went up either:rolleyes: .

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bond-007 wrote:
    Could just be a clerical error on QD's behalf?
    OMG - do QD make errors? :D
    I and others have said many times here that thjey are a shower of *********. This thread just strengthens our statements!

Advertisement