Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good 200 euro MP3 player?

Options
  • 14-11-2005 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Need more info...

For gym/travelling/work?
    Does size matter? How much space do you need?
    Do you need WMA/OGG support?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

id spend 30/40 euro more and get the creative zen micro 6gb, excellent package

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302205&cks=SER
    Creative Zen Touch 20gb
    Cant go wrong at all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

For €200 I think the Zen touch is your best bet for a basic MP3 player, you could always keep an eye out for 2nd hand ones with better spec though. But the touch will most likely suit your needs:) I thought it used to be €189.00 on Komplett before delivery:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

iPod nano 2GB is €200 and is suitable for the gym and stuff (has flash memory). Hard drive player wise, you could spend an extra €60 and get an iRiver H10 20GB off www.mx2.co.uk, sexy little piece of hardware. Or for about €160, get an iRiver T20 1GB (also flash memory and comes with USB connector built in, so no carrying around an annoying cable with you).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

if you dont mind the size you could get the bag-o-shlte 40gb player in argos and a decent pair of headphones to go with it for under 200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Id like to stay with the Ipod range if possible - whats out there are the moment? I think there's 4 different types in Ireland? Where's the cheapest for Apple products?

Id like to stay with the Ipod range if possible

Any particular reason why? There are a host of other players and brands out there that could better suit your needs of an mp3 player. The iPod could of course suffice but I'd advise looking into the other players people have suggested first:)

Its a gift for Xmas and as Ive already got the software on my PC for my own Ipod I think it'd be the most hassle free route to go if Im putting music on both players (if that makes sense). If I put Creative software on the computer Im presuming there'll be conflicts/PC shíte/feckups. That and I also like the Ipod layout etc.

Regarding more details: its for a music fan but 2-4GB will suffice and would be used for a bit of everything. Ive heard/read bad reviews about the Nano so thats not really an option.

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

So youre looking for an ipod for under 200 euro but you dont want a nano ? Doesnt leave many options, why dont you take a look on some mp3 selling websites yourself if you aint gonna take peoples suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its a gift for Xmas and as Ive already got the software on my PC for my own Ipod I think it'd be the most hassle free route to go if Im putting music on both players (if that makes sense). If I put Creative software on the computer Im presuming there'll be conflicts/PC shíte/feckups.
    You don't need any software for most other players, just drag the music onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Id like to stay with the Ipod range if possible

Why? :eek:

The iPod is not the best mp3 player its not even a great mp3 player.

Go for Creative/Sony/iRiver.

I have the Creative Zen Sleek and would recommend it for storage (20Gb), battery life (16hrs), inbuilt radio, usability and stylish and resonable price €269 - €300 depending on where you look.

My brother and a mate have the Zen Micro its just a smaller version of the sleek storage is around 4 - 6gb depending on model.

iRivers are very good though tend to be very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robio

2gb ipod, u'll b happy with this, its tiny + looks class + u'll get loads of songs onto it

€209 delivered from apple
    http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/irlstore.woa/90505/wo/IC13O4Y1vMfV29mvUeg1sF84ZiH/0.SLID?nclm=iPodnano&mco=1852AD34

robio wrote:
    2gb ipod, u'll b happy with this, its tiny + looks class + u'll get loads of songs onto it

€209 delivered from apple
    http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/irlstore.woa/90505/wo/IC13O4Y1vMfV29mvUeg1sF84ZiH/0.SLID?nclm=iPodnano&mco=1852AD34

Ah now, look at Garth V's suggestion compared to this though, you get an extra 18G, 10x the capacity, for the same price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

cormie wrote:
    Ah now, look at Garth V's suggestion compared to this though, you get an extra 18G, 10x the capacity, for the same price!!
    Thats the price you pay for an iPod i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bakha

Anyone?
    What are your criteria, except for the price for an mp3 player? Have you heard of the new Sony Walkman A3000/1000? If not, you might want to click on http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProductCategory.action?site=odw_en_GB&category=Audio, to see how much you like it. I think the player is very HOT, and I heard it possesses some very good qualities, like long battery life, huge storage, etc.

An update on this. Ended up getting a Creative 1GB for 140 euros. Nice little player for the price.

Advertisement