Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superstars speak about Eddie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

wow Test had a bit of a rant there, might have been a bit more appropriate at another time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I dont think so - simply because we have another death, the tributes come in and then.....nothing.

If there was anything else that caused Eddie's death - nothing will ever be done about it, until someone is brave enough to stand up and name names, dates, etc - but until then, as Test said we can expect more and how many more within the next 12 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Cactus Col wrote:
    wow Test had a bit of a rant there, might have been a bit more appropriate at another time.
    i disagree, its good someone is speaking out about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I will have to agree with mossy a great piece from test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Gregory Helms posted the following:

Yesterday the wrestling world lost one of it's finest and brightest stars. Eddie Guerrero was one of those rare few that was admired and respected by everyone in the entire industry. From fans to friends to peers, universally, Eddie was regarded as simply one of the absolute best! I was honored to have worked in the ring with him and I'm humbled at this loss. My thoughts and sympathies go out to his family, and my love goes out to my presonal friends Chavo, Rey and Juvi, who along with Malenko, Benoit and Jericho knew Eddie the best of all. R.I.P. Eddie! You will be missed!

And Blue Meanie posted the following on his blog:

It’s always the ones you DON’T expect to die are the ones who always go too soon and Eddie Guerrero is a prime example of someone who we were robbed of today. I didn’t know Eddie that well but it the time I did get to meet him he exuded everything in which this business SHOULD be about. Honor, class and something Eddie had earned from anyone who ever met him and that is RESPECT.

They say that eyes are the windows to a person’s soul. Well, when I looked in Eddie’s eye I saw passion. Passion for his business and the passion he had for his family when he brought them to the shows. My DEEPEST condolences go out to the Guerrero family and they all will be in my thoughts. GODSPEED EDDIE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Must say I agree with Test 100%.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You can listen to testimonials on WWE.com:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/eddieguerrero/testimonials/

Even though I'm not a fan of JBL as a wrestler, I was moved by his tribute to Eddie.

A class act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Even though I'm not a fan of JBL as a wrestler, I was moved by his tribute to Eddie.

A class act.

It was a good one. Iv just finished watching raw there and my face actually stung from the tears. I dont knw how well they knew him backstage but bar chris benoits tributes i found HHH's and Stephs to be the most moving. Hunter comment at that end about him being up above "lyin to some one, cheating someone but stealing our hearts" was just like WOOOOAH, caught me big time, put a tuck in my heart like.

And i think as gimmick has posted somewhere, Cena's tribute, was another moving one. I had the feeling he was gonna do it but it still moved me.

It didnt really hit me until watching the tribute video (some song btw) and it runs through all his different expressions and the thought of never seeing those again.

Being honest i feel, and as much as i admire and respect every other guy goin out there to perform for us, that Eddie is a loss that hits us harder. I dont mean to be morbid but there was just that feeling you'd get when he smirked and that twinkle when the camera caught his eye that you almost knew him personally and its hard to think of anyone else on the roster that has that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I know it's weird to say this but I MISS EDDIE. I was lucky enough to see him perform, and even meet him and man I was hoping to do both again. I can't even fathom what his friends and family must feel........ but........Test had a point.

If wrestlers had to pass a fitness test before they could get in the ring, how many of them would not be allowed wrestle? It's something the industry really needs to look at, and will look at if they care at all about there athletes.

The STRAIN of a long match is tremendous, and the bumps that some of these guys take are horrible.

We need to stop asking these guys to put there lives on the line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

That in itself is not good enough.

Point being Brian Pillman - he was tested by WCW, WWE, Canadian Hockey League and a few others (as far as I remember) - and each one of them missed the heart defect that eventually killed him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Obviously without knowing all the facts and certainly without any expert knowledge on how much punishment a physically fit human body can take, this is all speculation on my part.
    Proper medicals to start with to avoid incidents like what happened to Pilman, like Phenom said, is obviously vital, But if this excessive painkiller taking is true, then obviously that has to stop. But also, if that did stop, the next step would be to decrease the amount of nights a guy wrestles (the reason for the painkillers in the first place and just as harmful) and then further than that, ban or decrease the high risk/high intensity moves (lets face it, even the most basic of moves, done every night, year after year must take their toll).
    If done properly, with the wrestler's health as priority (and it should be top priority in my view), but I’m just wondering, what sort of product would you be left with?
    Guys appearing once every few weeks, to do a handful of basic moves? (Basically, a company of Hulk Hogans in my estimation, and even he’s had his share of injuries over the years). Would it be as Entertaining?
    Again, this is only me speculating, i'm not expressing any real opinions because i don't know, but what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The human body can take ferocious damage, as long as it is allowed ample time to recover, that is the important part.

If anyone has every taken a back drop on a hard ring, then know that even the most "bais" of moves can hurt like HELL. Simple fact of the matter is thata a trip to a porper cardiologist would most likely have led to Eddie being in hospital now instead of in our memories. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was just his time.

It's a tough business and it eats you up and makes you think crazy things ( look at Jake the Sanke), SOMETHING needs to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

This is what Nora Greenwald, better known as Molly Holly sent into Gerweck.net as she does not have an official website at the moment:

I will miss Eddie very much. My favorite professional moment of his was his match with Rey Mysterio at the 1997 Halloween Havoc. A personal memory I will never forget, is one time on a tour bus overseas, he shared some Bible verses with me and we had a good discussion about life. I am so thankful I was able to know Eddie personally, and am especially thankful I got to give him a hug the night before he passed away. - Nora Greenwald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

wow...some more very touching tributes on wwe.com...the triple h one moved me..he really showed a side of his that i thought id never see...a more personal side...
    it had me shed a couple of tears...again.....
    rip eddie guerrero..
    we love you...

Advertisement