Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Ideas

Options
  • 14-11-2005 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have to come up with a project idea for college soon and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. Its a final year project so I want it to be a bit special.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

And what have done yourself so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DC5_ITR

yeah - what languages are you good with and preferred database etc.

does it have to be a "thick" project or are u willing to put the work in for a slick "thin" one?

:rolleyes: further... This should be added to the "Homework" charter - no asking silly, open-ended questions like "what should I do for my project?" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

How about an AI that comes with idea's for final year projects? :)

• Advertisement

Evil Phil wrote:
    How about an AI that comes with idea's for final year projects? :)
    Make it more interesting and useful to people like the OP: AI prog. that decides everything.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Neo# wrote:
    Its a final year project so I want it to be a bit special.
    Aren't programmers supposed to have some creativity or be able to reuse modules or at least use google ? :confused:

Maybe you could improve on this
    http://www.de.ioccc.org/1994/ - have a look at smr

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Im decent at java and c++ and I can use databases like Oracle. No it doesnt have to be a thick project. I thought people working in the field might have a few ideas. Im not actually looking for people to do the project. Although if you wanted to that would be fine by me.:D I dont have to do the project until after christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DC5_ITR

Maybe look at doing something with Oracle JDeveloper then?

Or maybe create some backend components in C++, put the transaction ones into a COM+ package and do a nice web interface (that works on IE, FF + Op).

Slick it up with CSS, XML and XSL maybe too if you have time after getting all the functionality sorted. Note - this point is critical - don't get bogged down making it look all "purdy" if it functions like a ball of cr4p.

Best of luck anyway - something like this can be really interesting and you have good freedom to come up with something impressive. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

That sounds interesting. Ill have a look at that. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Aren't programmers supposed to have some creativity

The majority.. no.

Advertisement