Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a Vodafone Ireland Sim Card work in an Vodafone UK phone

• 14-11-2005 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a Vodafone Ireland sim card in a Vodafone Uk Phone, thinking of buying a pay as you go phone from Vodafone Uk.
    but dont sure if my sim will work, without getting it unlocked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It will be locked to Vodafone UK. Vodafone Ireland is classed as a different network, so you'll most likely have to get the phone unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

thanks what i taught, do you know if motorolas are easy to unlock, ive no problem unlocking nokia's but they arent very difficult.. is the motorola a cable and software job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

dshakey wrote:
    thanks what i taught, do you know if motorolas are easy to unlock, ive no problem unlocking nokia's but they arent very difficult.. is the motorola a cable and software job

The newer Motos have RSA protection now. What model are you going to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

On a similar note, I`m currently in Japan and have a 903sh on contract with Vodafone. Can I expect VodafoneJP/IE to unlock the phone upon my return to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Well I doubt they would. I can unlock if they wont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

dshakey wrote:

Can be unlocked in a few seconds, but needs special hardware.

Where are you based?

its the new motorola L7 and also called the V8. thier goes that plan if it has rsa protection somebody must be able to crack it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Vodafone UK unlock it for around £15 - £20 and it takes two weeks approx!!! Otherwise loads of un official places here and in Ireland. It will work here you just need to change the settings to VF Ireland. I had a VF Motorola V980 in UK got it unlocked and used it here with VF Ireland SIM ....all 3G stuff worked also fine.

thats good to know thanks

Advertisement