Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

castletroy is changing

Options
  • 14-11-2005 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Right I want to rant a bit... firstly, what the hell is happening with the road works at the main gate? I mean they sent a mail round on the staff domain a few months back to say that some 'minor roadworks' would be taking place to 'improve the traffic flow' and that it should only take a few weeks. Well that all looked ok for a while... you could see what they were trying to do.. but now they just seem to be digging any old bit of road up for the hell of it - grrrr.

Then I was driving up to Superq earlier, took the obvious route past Oaklawns and right at the junction only to find that the whole area up by the Lodge is totally different from last week. All the trees are missing, and you can suddenly see buildings I never knew were there before... very strange it's like Treebeard and some of his ent mates are gone on hols or something!

Anyway... just thought I would tell you all about it cos I needed to do something to pass 5 mins time. too much time on my hands, yes, i know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*chuckle*

:v:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

440Hz wrote:
    it's like Treebeard and some of his ent mates are gone on hols or something!
    /me points

NERD! :v:

Dosent bother me tbh, I'm too poor/lazy/unqualified to own a car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Peteee wrote:
    /me points

NERD! :v:

Not really, just that was watching LOTR the night before and trees were on the brain you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tbh I've only known castletroy for two and a half years and i don't have a car so it doesn't affect me much. But tbh I worked with a civil engineering company for two summers and at one stage, they did a road FOUR times before getting it right.

not my fault btw!

Otacon wrote:
    tbh I've only known castletroy for two and a half years and i don't have a car so it doesn't affect me much. But tbh I worked with a civil engineering company for two summers and at one stage, they did a road FOUR times before getting it right.

not my fault btw!

An engineer...you? What else have you neglected to tell us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

I think its great. You drive to college and its like "oh whats it gnna be like today? a bend here,a traffic light there?" i like the surprise factor...................eh not! Hurry up and finish the f@$king road.

Nukem

Nukem wrote:
    I think its great. You drive to college and its like "oh whats it gnna be like today? a bend here,a traffic light there?" i like the surprise factor...................eh not! Hurry up and finish the f@$king road.

Nukem

Thats exactly what I was trying to say, badly! I mean you have no idea where you are going. I drove home for lunch yesterday and when I was coming back an hour later all the lanes were changed. No wonder there are accidents there every day now!

Peteee wrote:
    An engineer...you? What else have you neglected to tell us?

I was also a gigolo for three years in Amsterdam before I joined the circus, as part of the freak-show, displaying my long...
    ...belly-button hair.

Back on topic, I say we picket the site and cause even more traffic!!!

Who's with me?!?

0_o

Otacon wrote:
    displaying my long...
    ...belly-button hair.

Back on topic, I say we picket the site and cause even more traffic!!!

Who's with me?!?

Causing even more traffic cos people will be coming to look at your unusually long belly-button hair!?!?!? hmmm that could cause a stir alright!!

I shave now...

Anyway, change is inevitable, blah blah blah, its for the better blah blah blah...

Basically there isnt much we can do besides writing to the minister or the UL prez or... ok there are a few things...

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote:
    I shave now...

no you don't. pfft :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

Im in dromroe and all i can see outside my window are JCBs digging up the place. Im on the bottom floor which is even worse. I think these "minor roadworks" really have ruined the apppearance of the main entrance of the uni. Especially poor plassy village. It was grand last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

What have they (its always "they", isn't it?) done with Plassey?

Plassey has been moved to the opposite side of College Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

yeah tell me bout it

today we got a notice in the door (in plassey) warning us to use the pedestrian crossing and not cross the road
    i mean they put up a new pedestrian crossing on the other side of the village so we ave to walk around that stupid big rock
    whats with that stupid big rock anyway
    its a bleeding rock in the middle of nowhere

feck "them" anyway

and youre right, it is always "them"

yeah tell me bout it

today we got a notice in the door (in plassey) warning us to use the pedestrian crossing and not cross the road
    i mean they put up a new pedestrian crossing on the other side of the village so we ave to walk around that stupid big rock
    whats with that stupid big rock anyway
    its a bleeding rock in the middle of nowhere

feck "them" anyway

and youre right, it is always "them"

Gwan! Stick it to the man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

thanks

(i think?)

Advertisement