Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Performance

Options
  • 14-11-2005 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I'm having a few minor issues with BF2

1. every few minutes my input (mouse & keyboard) stop working. the game keeps going as normal, but it gets stuck with whatever I was doing before ie. if I was going forward I'd continue going forward. kindof annoying when I'm walking along the top of a building or I just see an enemy.

2. I can't hear the sound in the opening scenes and the sound of the tutorial guy is a bit stop/start.

I'm playing the game on the min settings.
    I have a P4 2.66Ghz, 1G RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 6600GT 128MB
    I would have thought my PC would be well able to handle it.

Are these because of my specs? Is there anything I can do to resolve these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

What motherboard do you have?If its a n force 4 motherboard made by nvidia try updating the drivers for it.At one stage I couldnt run the game at all because my motherboard drivers werent up to date and the screen would just freeze.This may work no matter what motherboard you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

wideangle wrote:
    What motherboard do you have?If its a n force 4 motherboard made by nvidia try updating the drivers for it.At one stage I couldnt run the game at all because my motherboard drivers werent up to date and the screen would just freeze.This may work no matter what motherboard you have.

Don't Know bout that. Its a Dell Dimension 4600 so whatever came with it.

How do I go about updating the drivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Does this only happen when you're playing online? If could be your internet connection. Also turn of your virus and spyware software and see what happens

It happens in Single player so its not my internet connection. I've tried turning off Norton too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

what type of mouse and keyboard are you using?
    is it the isb one that dell provide or a ps/2 one??
    for the system you have u should be well able to handle BF2 on medium settings let alone low...also update your video/chipset/audio drivers

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_P4_4600&os=WW1&osl=EN#
    http://www.nvidia.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I would say it has to do with your mouse/keyboard. Is it wireless? The connection could be dodgey. I had the same problem, kind of, the receiver just wasn't close enough to the mouse/keyboard. Batteries may be failing also. not likely though...

Update drivers for mobo and soundcard. After that I dunno, at the worst it could be damaged hardware.

Mouse and keyboard are the ps/2 ones that came with the comp. I'm at a different computer at the mo. I'll try updating the drivers when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 marta19

go away

Advertisement