Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

install on a 97 fiesta

Options
  • 14-11-2005 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

could anyone here give me some info on removing the ridicilous factory radio(withou usin blackcats) so i can put in a deacent head unit.have everything i need to get started but i just cant get the cúntin' thing out.
    sound

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

I'm pretty sure these are the same fittings as the stereo on a Ford Focus.

The proper way of removing it, is to buy a set of Ford D.I.N radio tools, they're like small U-shapped stiff wires, that go into the two small square holes on both sides of the stereo. You push them and pull the whole unit out. It's the best way of doing it you ask me! Cost about 10euro, or Ford might even pop the stereo out for nothing if u ask them nicely ;)

You could rig up something yourself, buy cutting a metal coat hanger but it could be difficult...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Btw...

The hardest thing you'll encounter when upgrading the stereo on one of these cars, will most definitely be getting those bloody inside door pannels off! :mad:

If you figure a way out of doing this letting me know! My dad's having the same prob :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

sound for that.i have that coat hanger rig you speak of (fúck ford and fúck giving them anymore money,special tools and facias).but its just not coming out.it unclicks at one side or the other but i cant seem to pull it out.didnt want to use too much force.
    wont be at the sid panels,just a set of 6 x 9s.
    also is there an adapter or will i have to wire it all up myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

if u go into any motorfactors theyll give you the tool to remove it or lend u 1 i have about 10 sets here:D removing the doorcards isnt hard either they just pop off start at the back and work your away around anticlockwise, if u need any more info let me know, my fiesta is far from standard now:D ill help ya with wiring if u want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

nice one.ill probably get an adapter harness though cos ill be sellin the car sometime after christmas.
    found one at incarexpress.co.uk for cheap.
    should have ordered when i got the head unit & speakers but didnt think it thru.excelent site, delivered in 4 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement