Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digareedo player on High Street

• 14-11-2005 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

I'm working late in a place on High Street at the moment and just outside the window, down on the street, there's some gob****e who's pretending he can play digareedo. All he's doing is talking through his hand to make it sound similar to one. He's ****e. Complete and utter ****e.

Has anyone else seen this guy today? He just keeps saying 'I want beer, I want beer'. I feel like throwing something at him.

Shut up you bastard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

How annoying... Where do you work anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Eh... nowhere officially.

I'm just doing a little teeny bit of work in an film company on High Street. Should really be at it now but you need a break ever so often.

Out of here and out of Galway next week anyway so won't have to listen to that idiot anymore.

"I want beer, give me money for beer."

At least he's stopped now.

Hmm... someone must have given him money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I read this thread as 'Naked Guitar Player on High Street'

hmm. maybe the thread below has something to do with it /shrug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

I hear you.

I used to live in Edward Square a few years ago. So I've had my fair share of run ins with the sh1te buskers that plague shop street.

My most hated were (in no particular order)

1. The bagpipe player, who funnily enough, couldnt play the bagpipes.

2. The Saxophone player, who funnily enough could not play a tune to save his life. (Wierd looking crusty like character)

3. The Guy who had that wierd instrument(looked like he made it himself). It was like a giant sperical piece of wood with guitar like features. Funnily enough, I never heard any coherent tunes played.

4. Bongo drums players, usually in packs of 15/20. Greatest load of boll1x I ever heard. Whilst they actually have a 'rhythmic beat', I used to find their 'beat' particularly annoying at 3am.

5. There was a guy who made a cameo appearance for a couple of weeks one summer. He was good, but he only had 1 song. Desire, by U2. Great song, but unfortunately that was all he played, repeatedly, for three hours every night between 2am and 5am.

6. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot my good Uni mate Niall. Jesus H Christ, that Kerry fool was so useless the Gardai used to tell him to pack it in because he was making a racket. Poor guy, he tried so hard. Sterling chap though. He'd 'try' to play any requests.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love street entertainment as much as the next numpty, but the quality in Galway has been appalling over the last few years.

Am I missing any? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

DRakE wrote:
    I read this thread as 'Naked Guitar Player on High Street'

hmm. maybe the thread below has something to do with it /shrug

You're myopic and/or dyslexic.

Lysdexic?

did i see syxpak today walking through college wearing a green top?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

there's some gob****e who's pretending he can play digareedo...

As the immortal Cartman once said:

"It's all a bunch of tree-hugging hippy crap!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

What about the american dude who stands on top of the bin, and sings very loudly, some made up songs... some covers, actually pretty good, but all the people working in the shops nearby are fit to kill him!

Whoo... You go Bobby Mc Bride!

• Advertisement

Ah yes... Bobby....

the shít you'll do for money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ah.... so you know him too?

He is my sister's ex-boyfriend, whom we still have around for dinner every now and then!

Not so much as of late.... you can kinda guess why....

...bit strange is Bobby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

but all the people working in the shops nearby are fit to kill him!!

No way, that guy is brilliant. By far the best Ive heard in years on shop street, plays loads of tunes (smiths/dylan/echo and the bunnymen). I normally turned off the radio and opened the door when he came along.

His buckfast tune is quality.

s.

Advertisement